What's new

Case and Screen Protector

mdt2

Reaction score
I currently use a Pixelskin Speck case and Power Support anti-glare film on my iPhone 4. Unfortunately the case keeps peeling the screen protector off of my phone. What can be done? Which case/screen protector works best?

Thanks,

Mike
Ohio

I have an Otterbox Defender over a Zagg Invisible Shield. Maybe it's overkill. I removed the plastic face shield on the Defender because it did not interact with the Zagg shield very well. I think I've got the best of all worlds in protection.

I currently use a Pixelskin Speck case and Power Support anti-glare film on my iPhone 4. Unfortunately the case keeps peeling the screen protector off of my phone. What can be done? Which case/screen protector works best?

Thanks,

Mike
Ohio

Try a different screen protector.

mdt2 said:

Thanks,

Mike
Ohio

I had the same issue with my speck pixel hd case and my zagg invisible shield. I took the invisible shield off and replaced my pixel with the otterbox defender case

iPhone 4 16gb Black 4.2.8 JB / Snowbreeze (Verizon) iPad 64gb 4.3.2 JB/ Redsnow (AT&T)

in my opinion, all phone case have its life, so if your case starts peeling, that's normal, but you should see more standards.

I use a rocketfish frame bumper.

SPG carbon skin shield for the rear.

Nothing on the front.

Happy days !!

Before buying a new screen protector go through the reviews and select the right one which suits for your phone.

I use a rocketfish frame bumper.

SPG carbon skin shield for the rear.

Nothing on the front.

Happy days !!

What about scratches on the screen? No scratches?

Ive had an ipod touch 1st generation the day they were released and it has no scratches on it's screen whatsoever.

I'm uber careful with my toys.

Ive tried zagg and various other shields and I just dont like the feel of them. No matter how well they are fitted you can still feel the difference when using the touch screen. The zagg's orange peel look for me was horrific, some had rainbow effects and some curled. With the mirror and private ones you end up having to raise the screen brightness.

My choice is to leave it naked.

For me, i use the ZAGG whole body on my iphone4 and for my touch i just have the front done. My case is a ifrogz that work with my slide in case from Verizon. I have always had a screen protector on every phone because i tend to just put it in my pocket 50% of the time and i would hate for it to scratch.

I have an Otterbox Defender case. It's bulky, but very utilitarian. I like the look and feel of it in my hands, but that's personal. Because it has no screen protector, there's never a problem with peeling. There's an overlay plastic screen which is very sensitive. I've never had any problem with the sensitivity, ever. I have no worries about spills or dropping it. I love this case.

Last edited:
hi,
i am alexi scavin.
there many ways to protector i-phone screen. as per my opinion some people use scratch guard for screen as well as some use cover as well as i-phone cover which is leather as well as off crystal also............

This is my current set up.

Yup mine wont get me thro a nuclear winter like the heavy duty case some are using ,but I prefer the minimalistic look to show off my phone.

Attachments

• $my carbon set up.jpg
    $my carbon set up.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 78