What's new

Capital letters for people's names!!

Rebs

Reaction score
Why is it whenever I type someone's name it always appears in capitals!! It's driving me mad!! Help!!!

Because you should always write names starting with capital letters.

Auto correct is fixing this based on address book entries...

Rebs said:
Why is it whenever I type someone's name it always appears in capitals!! It's driving me mad!! Help!!!

On the left hand side of the keypad tao the arrow pointing up. You enable the Cap's lock

iCrank said:
On the left hand side of the keypad tao the arrow pointing up. You enable the Cap's lock

I know that but i meant that the whole name appears in caps! I don't want that to happen.

thewitt said:
Auto correct is fixing this based on address book entries...

Ok thank you. Do you think it's because all my address book names are saved in capitals? It seems any name I enter though will automatically appear in full caps whether I want it or not. So annoying!

I realise that ! I meant the whole name appears in capitals and you can't do anything about it !!!

Hello I'm totally new here,my problem is totally the opposite, I can only cap the first letter, I hasn't figured out how to get all caps to work.

True... but as mentioned the highlighted arrow being unhighlighted will remedy that.

Also OP:

G'day & welcome to the forum!! :)

Hello I'm totally new here,my problem is totally the opposite, I can only cap the first letter, I hasn't figured out how to get all caps to work.

Double tap the caps arrow on you keyboard. It will turn blue and you can write in caps until you press it again or need a special character/number...