What's new

Anyone having issues with texts with the new iOS update?

buldogr1

Reaction score
Hi, I am having issues with sending message both through iPad and Desktop messages after updating all my devices, including my new iPhone X. If I try to type the letter I or anything that is capitalized with an I, I get a strange character and this never happened before updating to iOS 11 and getting the new iPhone X. On my ipad I can go to the suggested letter and click on an I, otherwise, it’s garbage characters.

Hi, I am having issues with sending message both through iPad and Desktop messages after updating all my devices, including my new iPhone X. If I try to type the letter I or anything that is capitalized with an I, I get a strange character and this never happened before updating to iOS 11 and getting the new iPhone X. On my ipad I can go to the suggested letter and click on an I, otherwise, it’s garbage characters.

Read this short article and the temporary fix until Apple releases a bug fix update is at the end of the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/story/839101001/

Yup, I've heard of a few people that had the same issue. I think Apple will fix it soon with an update.

I am having mo issues, all seems well here