What's new

Can't update my iphone 5c

hisamu27

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am getting an error(1) while updating my phone. My phone is not starting up when i press the power buttoon it shows the logo and after that is shows the itunes logo. I tried to update and restore so many times but i get the error everytime..
Please, if somebody here could help me. Advance thank you

Welcome to iPhoneForums, hisamu27!

The iTunes logo shows that you have to use recovery mode to restore your iPhone. You'll find the instructions here:
If you can t update or restore your iPhone iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

Error 1 indicates that there might be problems with your hardware that stop the update from completing. Make sure your security software allows communication between your device and Apple Servers.

Hope that helps.

Thanks dear...
I am new so i m a kind of noob.. Don't mind my stupid question if i ask any...

Welcome to iPhoneForums, hisamu27!

The iTunes logo shows that you have to use recovery mode to restore your iPhone. You'll find the instructions here:
If you can t update or restore your iPhone iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

Error 1 indicates that there might be problems with your hardware that stop the update from completing. Make sure your security software allows communication between your device and Apple Servers.

Hope that helps.
I updated the phone to IOS 8.3. Really happy and excited [emoji2]
But, still i can't use my phone.. [emoji20]
I have problem with activation.
I don't know who was using this phone and it is asking for apple ID and password which i don't have.. Is there any way to bypass this?
Please if u could help
b0ebdb4cd0b97000a6ac6f076273947c.jpg

Sorry, there's no way to bypass iCloud's activation lock. If you don't know the owner of that email address, and ask him to remove this iPhone from Find my iPhone, you'll not be able to use it.

Here are the instructions:
iCloud Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Again, you're not the one who can disable activation lock. That has to be done by the person with that email address.

All iPhones with IOS 8 and further require activation with an Apple ID and password. The is no way around this.

Hey, i found the ID and the password on which this phone is activated but it says your account is inactive and ignores everything..
Please help me out

Well, it won't help because i don't know the answers for the security questions.. [emoji20]

Last edited:
As told before:
The former owner of the iPhone has to remove it from Find my iCloud. You'll not be able to use it otherwise. Sorry!

Well, i won't help because i don't know the answers for the security questions.. [emoji20]
Which makes me wonder how you acquired the iPhone in addition to the password and ID.

Well, i won't help because i don't know the answers for the security questions.. [emoji20]

That's why it's important to choose questions that only the owner knows the answer to, and that they can easily remember.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

So, i m stuck.. My phone is of no use.. Sounds so bad