What's new

Can't update my iphone 5c

No. Follow the instructions at the iforgot site. Or go to Apple with your proof of purchase/ownership. Orherwise it sounds like the phone is in your possession but registered and owned by someone else.

If this iPhone is registered to someone else, the proper thing to do is return it to its proper owner. Apple will not help you unless you can prove to their satisfaction that you are the legal owner of the iPhone. This can be done by proving you're the person who registered the iPhone with Apple when it was first purchased or showing them the purchase receipts in your name.

If this iPhone is registered to someone else, the proper thing to do is return it to its proper owner. Apple will not help you unless you can prove to their satisfaction that you are the legal owner of the iPhone. This can be done by proving you're the person who registered the iPhone with Apple when it was first purchased or showing them the purchase receipts in your name.
Actually, The phone belongs to one of my friend. He bought it from a shop and was using it for 6 months till now. I don't have knowledge about iPhone because i am android user.. That's why i posted here..
Now, we didn't know who was using it before. We went to the shop and asked about this phone and who was using it.. We got nothing but at last somehow we got the ID and the password. But, damn it was deactivated and i can't do anything now...
Hope there is some way to activate it now..

Actually, The phone belongs to one of my friend. He bought it from a shop and was using it for 6 months till now. I don't have knowledge about iPhone because i am android user.. That's why i posted here..
Now, we didn't know who was using it before. We went to the shop and asked about this phone and who was using it.. We got nothing but at last somehow we got the ID and the password. But, damn it was deactivated and i can't do anything now...
Hope there is some way to activate it now..
The password to unlock the iPhone and the iCloud password to activate the iPhone are not always the same. It looks like you need the iCloud password to activate the iPhone. This is known as activation lock and their is no way to bypass this. Unless you have the necessary password, the iPhone will be little more than a paperweight.

bear is correct in that you should try for a refund from the store that sold it. It's their responsibility to ensure that all second hand phones they sell are properly erased and in this case they didn't do that.

Last edited: