Can't update my iphone 5c

Discussion in 'iPhone 5c' started by hisamu27, May 16, 2015.

1. hisamu27

hisamu27 New Member

It's a long story... Can't tell u here

2. bear7962

bear7962 Well-Known Member

No. Follow the instructions at the iforgot site. Or go to Apple with your proof of purchase/ownership. Orherwise it sounds like the phone is in your possession but registered and owned by someone else.

3. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

If this iPhone is registered to someone else, the proper thing to do is return it to its proper owner. Apple will not help you unless you can prove to their satisfaction that you are the legal owner of the iPhone. This can be done by proving you're the person who registered the iPhone with Apple when it was first purchased or showing them the purchase receipts in your name.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. hisamu27

hisamu27 New Member

Actually, The phone belongs to one of my friend. He bought it from a shop and was using it for 6 months till now. I don't have knowledge about iPhone because i am android user.. That's why i posted here..
    Now, we didn't know who was using it before. We went to the shop and asked about this phone and who was using it.. We got nothing but at last somehow we got the ID and the password. But, damn it was deactivated and i can't do anything now...
    Hope there is some way to activate it now..

5. bear7962

bear7962 Well-Known Member

Return the phone to the shop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

The password to unlock the iPhone and the iCloud password to activate the iPhone are not always the same. It looks like you need the iCloud password to activate the iPhone. This is known as activation lock and their is no way to bypass this. Unless you have the necessary password, the iPhone will be little more than a paperweight.

bear is correct in that you should try for a refund from the store that sold it. It's their responsibility to ensure that all second hand phones they sell are properly erased and in this case they didn't do that.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1