What's new

Can't Download Photos from my iPhone to my Apple Computer

Carver

Reaction score
Hi, I received this message from a friend, "I use I Photo, and when I attach the camera to the computer it says Download. So far so good. When I click on Download, instead of taking the pictures from the camera, it brings on the screen dozens of old pictures, already on for a long time."Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Kevin JS,

Thank you for that link. I do not have iPhone, not even a Smart Phone so I cannot be very helpful, but I will pass your link on and see if that answers my friend's question. Thank you for sharing that information. Carver

No problem. Apple's support pages are very comprehensive. It just takes a bit of digging sometimes to find the right bit.

My friend used the information in that link to try again to get her photos downloaded from her Cassio camera to her Apple computer using iPhone. After she connected the camera's USB cord to the Apple Computer she expected iPhone and the photos to appear. She sas that she now cannot open iPhone at all. Doyou have any suggestions?

Again, i know nothing about Apple computers or iPhone. How can she tell whether iPhone is now still installed on her Apple computer?

I'm sorry, but I have no further information on this subject, at the moment. I have not yet fully transferred all of my data to iTunes on the Mac, so have not attempted to sync my iDevices to the Mac. I am still using my Windows PC for this purpose.

Until I have had time to experiment, I know no more about the interaction of the iPhone and the Mac than you do. The Apple support page will be my first port of call, and all I can do right now is point you in the direction of that page, suggesting that you check some of the related questions that appear down the right hand side of the screen. Alternatively, we may both hope that someone who knows more about OS X and it's relationship with iOS can supply an answer here.

My friend used the information in that link to try again to get her photos downloaded from her Cassio camera to her Apple computer using iPhone. After she connected the camera's USB cord to the Apple Computer she expected iPhone and the photos to appear. She sas that she now cannot open iPhone at all. Doyou have any suggestions?

Again, i know nothing about Apple computers or iPhone. How can she tell whether iPhone is now still installed on her Apple computer?

I think you are confusing the iTunes program with iPhone? You mention a Cassio camera. I am suspecting there is no phone involved? It would be better if your friend could sign on to the forums so we could help her directly. I know you are trying to help, but there is often too much confusion when a third party gets involved and gives conflicting info.

Hi, I know that it would be better if my friend logged in and communicated herself but somehow the idea intimidates her. All I can report for her is that she connects her Cassio camera to her Apple computer where an App called iphone is supposed to download photos from the camera. After the USB connection is amde to the camera and the computer, she turns on the camera and the computer. The photos from the camera shuld appear, but they do not. So she goes to (I think) Applications and double-clicks on iPhone, but it does not open.

Not being familar with her Apple computer or iPhone I am not much help but am trying to get information for her. At the moment I am wondering whether the iPhone App is still installed on her Apple computer, but I do not know where to go on an Apple computer to see a list of installed progarms?

As I said, I think you are probably referring to iTunes. It is on the task bar and is a music symbol. I don't think she can uninstall it so it is probably still there and functional, but she doesn't need it to import her photos from her camera.

If she opens iPhoto from the taskbar, and then goes to the toolbar at the top of her desktop, there is a drop down menu for "help". It has a tutorial for importing photos to iPhoto from a device.

If she has "closed" iPhoto and can't find it, tell her to look at her "launchpad", which is a circle with a rocket icon in the middle. This is where she finds all her programs.

Hi, I know that it would be better if my friend logged in and communicated herself but somehow the idea intimidates her. All I can report for her is that she connects her Cassio camera to her Apple computer where an App called iphone is supposed to download photos from the camera. After the USB connection is amde to the camera and the computer, she turns on the camera and the computer. The photos from the camera shuld appear, but they do not. So she goes to (I think) Applications and double-clicks on iPhone, but it does not open.

Not being familar with her Apple computer or iPhone I am not much help but am trying to get information for her. At the moment I am wondering whether the iPhone App is still installed on her Apple computer, but I do not know where to go on an Apple computer to see a list of installed progarms?

Ask your friend to go to "Finder" and open that up and then look to the left panel to see if she can see her Casio Camera listed. She may need to scroll down a little to see it. She should be able to open it for there by a two finger tap.

Also, when I connect my Cannon Camera, iPhoto automatically opens and asks if I want to import the pictures. So, not sure if this is happening to her or not.

Hi Xrayeyes and Skinonkey,

Thanks to each of you for sharing helpful suggestions. I will pass them on to my friend. Right now she cannot find iPhotp. After I pass on your advice I assume that she will find iPhoto and her photos.

I appreciate your help. She will too!

Carver

Hi Xrayeyes and Skimonkey,

Thanks to each of you for sharing helpful information. I will pass it on to my friend. Right now she cannot find iPhoto or her photos. After she reads your suggestions I am sure she will be able to find and open iPhoto and probably downoad her photos. I appreciate your help. She will too!
I am sorry to say that I sent this message earlier but apparently I goofed when typing the title of the thread and that message was posted elsewhere,

I am asorry to say that my friend has not been able to find her "launch pad." I told her look for a circle with a rocket icon in the middle. She responds by saying she cannot find it, and asks "Are you sure it is on a "Mac?" Is there a particular part of the screen where it would be located?

It should be in the dock, second icon from the left side. Alternatively, it can be accessed (on Mountain Lion) by four finger pinching the track pad.

Last edited: