What's new

Not able to download photos from my iphone to macbook air

evunia_p

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm totally new here & so great to find some people who can help with iphone. I've just installed IOS11.0.3 on my iphone 6 & my macbook air won't allow me to download photos or videos from my library, says
'photos in camera roll cannot be imported cause the devide is locked with a passcode' - I've turned the passcode off on my phone & it still pops up while connecting to the laptop

Next, I see 'this computer has not yet been granted access to media on my iphone' 'in order to iport media to this computer tap trust on my phone now' - I do follow instruction & still nothing

Also my itunes don't sync with the phone anymore (version 12.1.0)

Could you please support me with some advice on this?

Eva

Have you tried updating iTunes on your computer? Which version of OS X is your MacBook Air currently on?
You have to be running OS X 10.10 Yosemite or newer to run iTunes 12.7, which is necessary to sync with iOS devices on iOS 11.

H Sfifan, thank you for your response, haven't tried updating itunes yet, will do, as far as OS X goes, I'm on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 so looks good :)

H Sfifan, thank you for your response, haven't tried updating itunes yet, will do, as far as OS X goes, I'm on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 so looks good :)
One thing about iTunes 12.7; it removes the iOS App Store and the ability to sync apps to your device.

Hi Stifan, just looked into updating itunes, looks like 12.7 version requires OS 10.10.5 or later version & 400 MB disc space

Do you know of any other way to download photos & videos off my iphone to mac?

Hi Stifan, just looked into updating itunes, looks like 12.7 version requires OS 10.10.5 or later version & 400 MB disc space
If your MacBook Air can run Yosemite then it can be updated to OS X el Capitan at the very least, which is more than enough to update to iTunes 12.7.