What's new

Can't save photos to my PC that were emailed from an iPhone

Shanks1265

Reaction score
I emailed some photos from my iPhone 5 to my PC Outlook email. When I open the email, the pictures are in the body of the email and I can't save them to the PC. Why can't I save pictures to a pc that were sent from an iPhone?

No reason. Do you mean you don't get a context menu, when you right click on the image? You should have an option to save the image this way.

$pstream on pc.jpgthen when you run explorer you will see this

The only option in the menu is "copy". If I do that and try to paste into a folder on my computer it shows up as a file called "Scrap". When I try to open it a Microsoft Word message comes up that says "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc" I can only assume that this is another planned flaw by apple to force you to use all apple products. I love the iphone and use it on business trips. But if I need to send photos to my company, they need to be able to save them to their PC's.

dbplumb,
While traveling for work I want to be able to take pictures with my iphone and send them to other clients who are using PC's, not Apple computers. They need to be able to save these to their company computers. I assume that a photo taken on an iphone is not saved as a jpeg or any other format that a PC can recognize so that it can be saved, rather only viewed.

The easiest way I have found to get around this (the copy only pop-up) is - go ahead and copy the photo in the e-mail. Then, on the [Windows] PC, open Paint (the default, ships-with-Windows accessory). Then, you can paste the photo in and save it from there.

Annoying? Yes. But, it works for those situations where you can't save the photo directly. So, maybe it'll help?

Marilyn

I do this all the time. Send the picture by email. The person who receives the email needs to open the email and right click on the photo. The drop down menu that appears has a line that says Save picture as... that is what you then left click on. It should try to save the picture in the person's computer Picture Library. I know years ago, before I had a smartphone, I could save pictures in Word but I don't know that that will work but never try any more because I find what I just told you to so so easy and saves to the place that holds pictures on my laptop. HTH