What's new

Cannot use airprint - hp officejet printer 8600

djedwards

Reaction score
I have recently purchased the above printer and everything works great - wireless printer reprint etc etc but my 4s keeps displaying no air printers found when I try and print to it. I have a Huawei echolife hg532 firmware v2.02t router. Someone has told me that this router firmware does not support AirPrint! Does anyone know if this is true or has any ideas how I could solve this as it is causing me major issues - many thanks

some printers need a ios app download but HP is supported so I would mess around with the printer settings and wifi password you need to connect with

The Apple Bonjour protocol is probably being blocked.

Try modifying the router and forwarding the following ports to the IP of the printer: 5297, 5298 and 5353.

Skull One said:
The Apple Bonjour protocol is probably being blocked.

Try modifying the router and forwarding the following ports to the IP of the printer: 5297, 5298 and 5353.

Thank you for your reply and it sounds right as other people have had the same problem with this router! I know how to log into the router but unfortunately I do not know how to make the adjustments you say need to be made!