What's new

AirPrint does not work

markc

Reaction score
AirPrint problem!

I have connected my desktop to the router by Ethernet.
I have wirelessly networked my wireless hp desk jet 3520 e-all in one printer.
The desktop will wirelessly print as will my wife's wireless connected laptop.
Both iPhone and iPad can show the wireless printer available in wireless networks... But can't connect to it...
I can't use AirPrint from iPhone or iPad - they tell me there is no AirPrint printer available.

When I turn off router they can't find it either.

I have read many people have had this type of problem
Is there a way of forcing iPhone and iPad to recognise the AirPrint printer?

Welcome to iPhoneForums. Try turn off and on all your devices, meaning your router, your printer and your iPad/iPhone. Turn them back on, and make sure in your ISP gateway that your network recognizes the HP printer. Then go onto your iPad/iPhone and make sure that Bluetooth is off, and that your iOS version is above iOS 4.3. Then try again. Make sure that you're using an application that supports Airprinting such as Safari, certain word processing apps, etc.

Thanks for your advice. Appreciate a reply!!!

I have however tried all that.....

Any other tips?

Open up your ISP gateway and double check that all ports are open for the printer. The printer you have does support AirPrint, so it's either a LAN problem or a device problem.

How do I do that?
I'm not quite as it literate as you...

And yes I purposely bought this printer to be able to AirPrint..

But you're thoughts about LAN could be spot on.....I am not sure about the ip addresses .... They don't look quite right ....

Also, check the HP Support and Drivers website and check if the latest firmware is installed on the printer. Sometimes this needs to be updated to do AirPrint.

Thanks Steve

I have latest firmware for asus and their tech site says it supports AirPrint and bonjour.
Printer is new and has latest drivers - have checked.

Any other thoughts appreciated

Mark