What's new

Cannot locate package?

HUNTER1

Reaction score
When I go install one of my purchased package, it says cannot locate And recommend to install more sources. How do I know which sources i need to install and where to find them. Thanks

Is this through Cydia or the App Store?

If it is Cydia, change your settings from User to Developer as not all packages are available to the 'User' class.

It's cydia. I'l do what you say, thanks

I tried the developer setting but no additional sources added. Also, when I go to changes and refresh the downloading realease with spinning wheel takes forever and ends up with error message. Is there anything I could do? Where can I find the sources that I need for the themes that I already bought?

When you change to Developers, it is going to download new sources. You'll need to wait until that completes correctly. It is basically downloading lists of packages that are available to it now that you have changed to Developers.

Once it completes correctly you 'should' be able to install your software.

I had the same thing happen to me this weekend when trying to install WeatherIcon, you need Developers to be able to reach one of the libraries.

Hey thanks, It took awhile to download but it worked.

Good stuff :) Glad it worked for you.

You can change it back to User if you want to afterwards.

I cant seem to download anything. I jailbroke my I phone 4 with redsnow. I can down load grooveshark or anything else for that matter. I am under develpoer and still no luck keeps telling me cannot locate packages. and others say cannot comply. Please help

All the repos have been gettin slammed with hit from people trying to get their packages back. Everything will level out.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

After using redsnow I had the same problem. Then I searched on Cydia for Corona installed that and now everything works. Hope this helps.

I have no idea how to change from User to Developer. But I made the mistake of signing up as User when I first opened Cydia.

User is what you want, you can change your settings by going to manage>settings but User is the setting that most jailbreakers should use. You can really mess things up if you don't know what you're doing and you choose Hacker or Developer.