What's new

Questions about this new Corona...

xesvuli420

Reaction score
1. Can I delete the package after successful install? or is it a package that has to stay installed. i.e. If I delete the package will I loose the untether, OR did the package write the necessary data where the package itself is just an installer, and now just taking up space? (not that space is an issue, Im just curious)

2. Do I need to keep my tether tools laying around? or worry about crashes, etc... Or can I be worry free?

Anyone have any answers/interesting facts about this new package?

Thanks guys!

The Corona package only works if installed; uninstalling will remove the exploit and return you to a tethered jailbreak. If you don't want have the package installed, you can run the newest redsn0w jailbreak option again (uncheck "install Cydia") and this will apply the same exploit permanently without the need of the Cydia package. You likely will not need your tether tools; this seems to be relatively bug-free. The untether was known to foul up something with Cydia, but this has been patched in the new Cydia version 1.1.3.

Awesome! I think that is what I will do (new redsnow)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't need to do any restore, just use new redsnow over top of my current JB, with cydia unchecked

And all my apps/sources/tweaks/settings/etc are safe. Nothing will be deleted ?

Correct?

You are correct. No restore necessary. Everything will be exactly the same; you will just have an untethered jailbreak now.

Thank you for the info!

I last question... Is there a way I can do this and keep the pineapple? I kinda like him!?!

I think redsn0w has an option to have a custom boot logo, but I'm not positive. If it does, look for that image file on Google Images or somewhere like that and use it. If not, I believe Cydia has some options similar to this for the Pwnapple boot logo.

You can install "Animate" in Cydia for a custom bootlogo
Does Animate work with 5.0.1 jailbreak utilities? I thought it only works with 4.2.1 untethered jailbreaks by redsn0w or greenpois0n.

Jmills87 said:
As far as I know it works with any device on any firmware susceptible to the limera1n exploit.

Does it work with 24kpwn too for older devices? Or just limera1n?

ok, just deleted the corona app, and jailbroke with Redsnow b2, new problem...

Jailbreak worked fine, but now my apps are all over the place... Hidden ones showing up... folders gone... sbsettings not working... etc

I just did 2 different phones, and the results are the same!

Anyone?

BTW yes! Ive resprung, and rebooted several times!

Last edited:
xesvuli420 said:
ok, just deleted the corona app, and jailbroke with Redsnow b2, new problem...

Jailbreak worked fine, but now my apps are all over the place... Hidden ones showing up... folders gone... sbsettings not working... etc

I just did 2 different phones, and the results are the same!

Anyone?

Happened to me so I just restored thrust itunes and jailbroke! Now I'm jb untethered! :D

if I do that then everything will be gone, and I wil have to do it all over again

Ok, imma ask in the main help section to see if I can get anywhere.