What's new

Canadian going to Hungary with iphone4 what do I need to do so I do not get dinged.

mothert

Reaction score
Need some help as I just picked up this awesome iphone4 and heading to Hungary (from Canada). My phone is locked and where I am staying I have WIFI. What features can I use on my phone while I am away that I won't be billed for? I was told that I can use WIFI face calling :facetime:and will not be billed for airtime as it is connected to WIFI (is that true?)
Thanks for your help.

Need some help as I just picked up this awesome iphone4 and heading to Hungary (from Canada). My phone is locked and where I am staying I have WIFI. What features can I use on my phone while I am away that I won't be billed for? I was told that I can use WIFI face calling :facetime:and will not be billed for airtime as it is connected to WIFI (is that true?)
Thanks for your help.

Just turn off your data slider. If you don't want to receive txt/calls just remove the sim. Then whatever wifi you have it will all go over that. I'm not sure how FT will work tho with the sim removed.

perhaps would be better to buy a new sim number like at T-Mobile in any big shopping center and use, say Domino card, that could be the best way to go, if you stay long in Hungary, But, for that your phone must be unlocked, not jailbroken...just recall the fee for mobile telephone is very high in Hungary....

I hope you would have a wonderfull time in Hungary, myself Canadien citizen, and live in Budapest for about 10 years...