What's new

Can you upgrade The Keyboard ?

atmasters

Reaction score
I was wondering if you can get new keyboards and even a new SMS app ?

Only if you jailbreak.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

I'm looking for a keyboard that will allow me to use a pad where 1 contains abc, 2 contains dfg and so on.

Are you saying I can't download one of those without going through a load of hassle?

This is my first apple product in around 5 years, an iphone4. Sorry apple but I stopped typing like a ten year old when predictive, intuative text was invented.

I seriously would not have bought this phone if the above turns out to be correct.:(

Nope, can't do it without jailbreaking. Maybe an android phone would suit you better.

You can get a keyboard made by ZAGG. It is called ZAGG Keys Solo. It is made for the IPAD and Iphone 4's and 3's. But if you are talking about the stupid auto correct. You can turn that off. Just go into the Settings and look for Keyboard. There's lots of options on the Keyboard.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a keyboard that will allow me to use a pad where 1 contains abc, 2 contains dfg and so on.

This is my first apple product in around 5 years, an iphone4. Sorry apple but I stopped typing like a ten year old when predictive, intuative text was invented.

So you don't type like a 10 year old but you don't want a QWERTY keyboard that the iPhone has. Huh??

How about updating the stock SMS. The stock is good but would be nice to be able to change things up once in awhile.

atmasters said:
How about updating the stock SMS. The stock is good but would be nice to be able to change things up once in awhile.

Not unless jailbroken.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Nope, can't do it without jailbreaking. Maybe an android phone would suit you better.

You're probably right, I just switched from android and now I'm stuck with inflexibility. Shouldn't have bought the apple hype it would seem.

Thanks for all the input from everyone.

So you don't type like a 10 year old but you don't want a QWERTY keyboard that the iPhone has. Huh??

That's correct and the reason I never bought a blackberry. I'd like to text or update forums without deliberately shortening my messages because it takes so long.

You're probably right, I just switched from android and now I'm stuck with inflexibility. Shouldn't have bought the apple hype it would seem.

Thanks for all the input from everyone.

Yes but this is no secret you must have known that you were getting into a phone with very little customization right ?

Yes but this is no secret you must have known that you were getting into a phone with very little customization right ?

Unfortunately not, i didn't think an electronic product in the current times could be so inflexible. I do like it as a whole and it's much smoother than my Htc desire, it's just the keyboard I hate!

Unfortunately not, i didn't think an electronic product in the current times could be so inflexible. I do like it as a whole and it's much smoother than my Htc desire, it's just the keyboard I hate!
3 things: either you will learn to live with it, either you will jailbreak your phone and have access to customization, either you can look at the other side.
Personally, i love the default keyboard and the more i look at it, the more i'm loving it. But there are things i didn't like on the phone before, I jailbreaked it, and was using a jailbreaked iPhone for almost a year, it was great. I wasn't brave enough to look at the other side as i got bored about the jailbreak and things, i then just decided to live like Apple wants me to live with the iPhone and till date.

Almost all smartphones use the qwerty keyboard.