What's new

Can I save sound clips sent to my by email?

Audio51

Reaction score
I have some sound clips I have used for ringtones before on my Droid. I want to know if I can save these to my Iphone if I send them to myself in an email. If not..is there any way to get them on my phone as ringtones?

Audio51 said:
I have some sound clips I have used for ringtones before on my Droid. I want to know if I can save these to my Iphone if I send them to myself in an email. If not..is there any way to get them on my phone as ringtones?

Why not sync straight from the Droid using it as a mass storage device. Then you can use a program like xilisoft and cnvert them to m4r format. After that you're set, you just have to drag into phone

iCrank said:
Why not sync straight from the Droid using it as a mass storage device. Then you can use a program like xilisoft and cnvert them to m4r format. After that you're set, you just have to drag into phone

+1. This would be the easiest/quickest way to get your ringtones swapped.

Unfortunately, I switched from the Droid to the Iphone and the Droid has been wiped clean and given to my son-in-law. I think the problem is that I already had set up an Itunes account for my Ipod on another computer in my home. When I got the Iphone, I set it up on my laptop and it sees it as a separate account . In order to get my music onto my Iphone I had to sync it from the other computer and delete everything I had already put on the Iphone. So when I was trying to put the clips back on for the ringtones, it wasn't syncing them. I ended up erasing the music and syncing again. It put them on the phone as music. I then downloaded one of the ring tone maker apps and converting them from music to ringtones. All is well now....except I will have to add all my music back manually on the 2nd computer to get it back on my Iphone. Thanks for the suggestions though. I post basically the same question on the "Official" Iphone forums, and got no replies at all Much friendlier group here!

Audio51 said:
Unfortunately, I switched from the Droid to the Iphone and the Droid has been wiped clean and given to my son-in-law. I think the problem is that I already had set up an Itunes account for my Ipod on another computer in my home. When I got the Iphone, I set it up on my laptop and it sees it as a separate account . In order to get my music onto my Iphone I had to sync it from the other computer and delete everything I had already put on the Iphone. So when I was trying to put the clips back on for the ringtones, it wasn't syncing them. I ended up erasing the music and syncing again. It put them on the phone as music. I then downloaded one of the ring tone maker apps and converting them from music to ringtones. All is well now....except I will have to add all my music back manually on the 2nd computer to get it back on my Iphone. Thanks for the suggestions though. I post basically the same question on the "Official" Iphone forums, and got no replies at all Much friendlier group here!

It's nice to hear that you fixed your issue. One thing you should be aware of syncing on two computers. There is no way to sync between two computers so thats why you ran into problem where your songs were deleted when you synced. Make sure you have a dedicated computer to sync from so you can prevent the sync issue

I guess I am confused then about being able to "Authorize" up to 5 computers for I tunes. I thought that meant I could sync from any of them.

Audio 51, I've been trying to get a message sent to me ba friend which has my collage fight sone (Purdue) ringtone on it. I would love to put it on my iphone but everyone around here haven't been able to get it done. So..... I'm hoping to get some help here on the Verizon Forum.
Like yourself I have several devices on my iTunes account (ipod Classic, ipod touch, iPad, iphone and the Mac desktop. I've had the little ipod Classic for years with only audio books in the library. It's a fantastic little device which I listened to when on travel and working out. I'm not into music so I have no music files on the account at all (hopefully that will simplify things).
I've used Windows since the 80's for work and fun (played games with my grandsons) but a few months ago my daughter convinced my wife to get an itouch, then dad had to have an iPad (which I like very much) then she needed a desktop so they could FaceTime together, etc, etc., and then the iphone. ha ha... I haven't a clue about the Apple OS4 system and need some help. Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated. Oh, the app store had nothing I could use.
Thanks,
JimK

jimk said:
Audio 51, I've been trying to get a message sent to me ba friend which has my collage fight sone (Purdue) ringtone on it. I would love to put it on my iphone but everyone around here haven't been able to get it done. So..... I'm hoping to get some help here on the Verizon Forum.
Like yourself I have several devices on my iTunes account (ipod Classic, ipod touch, iPad, iphone and the Mac desktop. I've had the little ipod Classic for years with only audio books in the library. It's a fantastic little device which I listened to when on travel and working out. I'm not into music so I have no music files on the account at all (hopefully that will simplify things).
I've used Windows since the 80's for work and fun (played games with my grandsons) but a few months ago my daughter convinced my wife to get an itouch, then dad had to have an iPad (which I like very much) then she needed a desktop so they could FaceTime together, etc, etc., and then the iphone. ha ha... I haven't a clue about the Apple OS4 system and need some help. Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated. Oh, the app store had nothing I could use.
Thanks,
JimK

I helped you in the thread you started. Remember this. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/v...do-i-get-non-apple-app-work-my-iphone4-19529/ I'm telling you it's easy. I grabbed a audio clip of the DC Metro from YouTube converted it using Xilisoft and dragged it over to my phone using iTunes. Another way is to download a ringtone creator on your phone, choose the clip ifnyou have it on your phone and it will automatically sync it to your phone when you sync with iTunes.

Last edited:
Use a free ringtone maker or iTunes to convert the ringtone into aac format and rename the file ext. .mr4. You can change the setting to hide file ext of known files types in the folder options in the control panel. As far as getting it to your phone that should be a no brainer.