What's new

How do I make a ringtone? : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawneefork

Reaction score
I downloaded the Ringtones app. I made my sound clip into an m4r file. I can play it over and over on my phone in the Ringtone app, but I can't tell the phone that I want this clip to be my ringtone. The most personal thing a phone can do is play a ringtone, and the most popular phone in the world requires you to be a freaking code monkey to make a ringtone! Can someone come over and set me up? : ) How do I make a ringtone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded the Ringtones app. I made my sound clip into an m4r file. I can play it over and over on my phone in the Ringtone app, but I can't tell the phone that I want this clip to be my ringtone. The most personal thing a phone can do is play a ringtone, and the most popular phone in the world requires you to be a freaking code monkey to make a ringtone! Can someone come over and set me up? : ) How do I make a ringtone?

It can't be done with just your phone. You create the file on your phone and then transfer to your computer using iTunes. Once it is transferred from the app to iTunes you have to transfer to the ringtones folder and sync to your phone. It will then show up available on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First... I've edited your thread title. Since we don't need anything that references objectionable language... I edited out the combinations of &'s, *'s & #'s from it.

Second... well disregard... I've now discovered that you already have a thread running regarding this same question here... http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/all-i-want-ringtone-im-baffled-52003/. Please continue your query there. Thanks!

CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.