What's new

can i mod my imessage number?

Neurosys

Reaction score
having a helluva time with imessage. read all around the net trying to find a fix and tried everything. my last chance was putting a new simm card in and i figured that wouldnt work but tried anyway.

att 4s running a gevey on tmobile 5.1.1 bb 4.0.12 jailbroken

imsg shows the old number in my phone. i've messed with plist files before. dealing with apn's and tweaked up my volume. can i do the same with the imsg phone number? is it stored in a file that i can access?

also, can i view my passwords via a file through mobileterminal or ifile? running splashtop to get onto my work puter and cant remember my password. it works fine but want to get my password back and it's not like i can have them mail it to me. it's asterikd out in the program on my phone.

thx for the forum and for looking at my problems =+)

neurosys

Neurosys said:
having a helluva time with imessage. read all around the net trying to find a fix and tried everything. my last chance was putting a new simm card in and i figured that wouldnt work but tried anyway.

att 4s running a gevey on tmobile 5.1.1 bb 4.0.12 jailbroken

imsg shows the old number in my phone. i've messed with plist files before. dealing with apn's and tweaked up my volume. can i do the same with the imsg phone number? is it stored in a file that i can access?

also, can i view my passwords via a file through mobileterminal or ifile? running splashtop to get onto my work puter and cant remember my password. it works fine but want to get my password back and it's not like i can have them mail it to me. it's asterikd out in the program on my phone.

thx for the forum and for looking at my problems =+)

neurosys

Go to settings, phone, and change your number from there. Not sure whether or not it will change it on iMessage. Don't want to try but good luck. 😊

Ya tried that too. Won let me change number

I'm using my apple I'd now. Wanna use my cell number but it's not changing from old number to new one.

Neurosys said:
I'm using my apple I'd now. Wanna use my cell number but it's not changing from old number to new one.

You would probably have to contact your service provider to switch your number. There might be a program out there that allows you to use multiple numbers. If you want to use a different number, why not just use a texting app for the app store? Textplus.... There's so many options.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF.net

Hmmm. Never though of that. But do those apps offer the ability to put in ur own number? Live bitesms too :). At least a different app should recognize my right phone number.

I'll look into it man, thx. I'm not done with this issue though. Im gonna figure a way around it. I've seen others with the same problem.

Neurosys said:
Hmmm. Never though of that. But do those apps offer the ability to put in ur own number? Live bitesms too :). At least a different app should recognize my right phone number.

I'll look into it man, thx. I'm not done with this issue though. Im gonna figure a way around it. I've seen others with the same problem.

The texting apps give you a number based on the availability of the number in your area. You can't just choose your number in most cases. Many numbers have already been taken most likely.

I never really had a preference. I would just switch between either app when I didn't like something that happened of a bug. You should probably go with the one with the highest stars rating of course.