What's new

can AT&T be activated in the uk.

the_ace123

Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering if anybody can give me some info, a friend has bought an AT&T 64gig 4s in white from the states what I need to know is can it be activated in the UK, I have the phone here with me but it has an orange sim in it which is obviously no good to activate it in itunes but can I use the AT&T sim to activate on itunes here in the UK.

is it locked to a network at moment if so you will have to get it unlocked to work i used to have an 3gs and i changed networks and i had to get it unlocked

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

He says he has the AT&T sim but I don't have it with me just an Orange one so I can`t try to activate the 4s on itunes, I was just wondering if it is possible to activate the 4s in the UK using itunes with the original AT&T sim.

the_ace123 said:
He says he has the AT&T sim but I don't have it with me just an Orange one so I can`t try to activate the 4s on itunes, I was just wondering if it is possible to activate the 4s in the UK using itunes with the original AT&T sim.

not 100 percent but not with that sim if you get it unlocked that should sort that out doesnt cost that much for unlocking

not 100 percent but not with that sim if you get it unlocked that should sort that out doesnt cost that much for unlocking

OK thanks for the info I will let him know.
Well I just had a quick search on the net and as yet AT&T phones can't be unlocked but an O2 4s can be for £110 (HOW MUCH).

Last edited:
the_ace123 said:
OK thanks for the info I will let him know.
Well I just had a quick search on the net and as yet AT&T phones can't be unlocked but an O2 4s can be for £110 (HOW MUCH).[/QU

Last edited:
no way would i pay 110 uk pounds for a few mins work

no way would i pay 110 uk pounds for a few mins work

LOL you would have to be crazy, also after some more research AT&T never unlock iphones so it looks like he will have to wait for the dev teams to figure out a JB solution for the 4S.

I have a sprint 4s and was told by sprint if I go to europe I can put in a foreign sim card and use my phone in europe just fine. I dont know if att lets you do this though. On sprint all you need to do is put in the sim and then activate it on the phone through a screen that pops up.

Photoboy said:
I have a sprint 4s and was told by sprint if I go to europe I can put in a foreign sim card and use my phone in europe just fine. I dont know if att lets you do this though. On sprint all you need to do is put in the sim and then activate it on the phone through a screen that pops up.

inserting a foreign sim card and using in europe might not work cos you will need an account for billing and so on dont think its that easy to do that when i go abroad on holidays i rarely use mine cos of billing issues charges can be high in foreign countries but it will all depends on what contract u have

inserting a foreign sim card and using in europe might not work cos you will need an account for billing and so on dont think its that easy to do that when i go abroad on holidays i rarely use mine cos of billing issues charges can be high in foreign countries but it will all depends on what contract u have

I would use it with prepaid sims overseas. I know it is expensive but sprint tells me it will work. If I want i can use sprint international but I have set up an account with them and it is pricey. I still dont know about AT&T.