What's new

iPhone 4S Activation with AT&T Not Working???

cameronh

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just received the 4S from UPS, and all is going well until I get to the point where it wants to activate with AT&T. You get a message saying it can take up to 3 minutes, but twice now it has hung and eventually tells me it will email me when activation is available.

Anyone else getting this?

Cameron

Hi All,

I just received the 4S from UPS, and all is going well until I get to the point where it wants to activate with AT&T. You get a message saying it can take up to 3 minutes, but twice now it has hung and eventually tells me it will email me when activation is available.

Anyone else getting this?

Cameron

I also just got the 4S from UPS. I'm also having same issue. Might be an overloaded server due to the several activations from iPhone 4S? Just my opinion.

lol, probably not a fun day working at AT&T. Let us know how it goes calling in.

I'm on the phone with AT&T, and they are clueless as to how to activate these devices. I was impressed when my 4S recognized the line that it was supposed to update, but that doesn't do much when it doesn't activate correctly. They had me pop out the SIM of the new phone and provide that and another number, now I'm on hold again...

Been on phone 54 minutes with 2 reps. No one seems to have definite answer to why or how to fix. Will update if I fix

I just got off the phone (exactly 58 minutes) with no fix. Was told that it would be "about 6 hours" by the time the activation was processed. They even tried to argue with me when I asked to be credited for the hour I spent on the phone with no answer. Talk and Surf at the same time is starting to look a lot less attractive compared to Verizon's network at this time...

AT&T seems to be getting the message out to it's reps that it has, once again, failed on an epic level when it comes to iPhone activations. I called and said I was having trouble activating after reading about the trouble everyone is having and was offered a $25 credit without even having to ask. The rep had no information about if/when activations were going to happen, but at least dinner is on AT&T tonight as I wait for the mythical "activation ready" email...

AT&T seems to be getting the message out to it's reps that it has, once again, failed on an epic level when it comes to iPhone activations. I called and said I was having trouble activating after reading about the trouble everyone is having and was offered a $25 credit without even having to ask. The rep had no information about if/when activations were going to happen, but at least dinner is on AT&T tonight as I wait for the mythical "activation ready" email...

What department did you get a credit through? I am back on the phone and the rep is insisting to not give me credit but to just wait and retry activation. Said it could take up to 24 hours. Ummmm, no this is not acceptable. Of course there is no supervisor available. and now she just hung up on me. BBB here I come.

Sweet! Finally, been trying since 11:30 AM EST and I am just now restoring from iCloud... Mine worked eventually directly from the iPhone after numerous retries. And it didn't take the whole three minutes, it almost happened instantly when it "worked"

Good luck, all!

ugh. I am getting The SIM card in your iPhone does not match the SIM card associated with your account. error now. back to calling AT&T

well, 92 mins on the phone with Apple, and no solution. the tech at Apple said that it IS an Apple issue, not AT&T...as much as I'd love to blame the carrier, it seems that the taxing demand on Apple's servers (ios5, icloud, iphone 4s, etc) is to blame. I have tried to activate at least 20 times on itunes and at least another 10 times on the phone....no end in sight. wow, talk about frustration!!

What department did you get a credit through? I am back on the phone and the rep is insisting to not give me credit but to just wait and retry activation. Said it could take up to 24 hours. Ummmm, no this is not acceptable. Of course there is no supervisor available. and now she just hung up on me. BBB here I come.

I chose tech support rather than general customer service when I called.... good luck!

I have been having the “Sim does not match” account error ALL DAY. Spent 5 hours in AT&T store, the Sim card sent with my IPhone worked in the demo phone at the AT&T store! It’s not the Sim, it’s the phone. I have an appointment at the Apple Store tomorrow but the chances of them having a replacement there are very slim! How many bars of service do you show? I am showing 1 bar which AT&T said shows that it is a phone issue also.
We also tried several other Sim cards in the AT&T store. I called Apple who connected me to AT&T then Apple hung up. VERY FRUSTRATING!

ETA: The SIM worked in the demo phone at AT&T, so it's definitely not the SIM

Last edited: