What's new

iPhone 4S won't activate with sim from same carrier (Orange UK)

thrustfulemu

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a used iPhone 4S from amazon.co.uk marketplace and its just arrived. I bought the phone knowing it was locked to orange UK as I am currently on a contract with them. The sim I used in the iPhone is the normal sim card I was using cut down to fit the iPhone (I used a cutter I bought from amazon). My problem is when I put the sim into the phone it then asks me to activate it. Every time I have tried this it has told me that it is not a valid sim card and to go and contact the carrier, I have tried this both wirelessly and through iTunes but the same thing happens. I have read alot of stuff about AT&T and needing the original sim card but I don't know if this applies to a UK iPhone on Orange. I would also mention the phone is on 5.0.1 and I can use the app screen and sync it with my music and applications, any advice would be greatly appreciated as right now I really don't want this to be a big hassle just to change phones.

Thanks

Just a wild thought, but try to call a phone #, your home phone for instance. A couple of years ago after I updated my phone's OS to 4.3 something, I got the same message about activating an already activated SIM. After f*cking around for hours trying to figure a work around, I dialed my home # and the SIM was then reactivated. I hope this solves your issue.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

Last edited: