What's new

Can anyone help me with trying to jailbreak my iPhone version 4.2.9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obnoxiousacorns

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new, and I need help!

My phone is on the 4.2.9 firmware, and I have no shsh blobs saved to downgrade. I used kittyra1n's tutorial to jailbreak my phone (using redsn0w).

I installed it installed correctly. Cydia was white, I rebooted it with tether and it was there. I go in, say I'm a user, it updates packages, all is well.

Igo to download something, it installs then reboots. Here is the problem, and I've tried to fix it 3 ways: I load it with tether, I've tried letting it load without tether, and I've also tried not clicking reboot and just turning it off and booting it with the tether. Nothing works. I am stuck at the pineapple screen. It won't load, I can't do anything but restore the phone (I've done it 5 times today to figure something out). Any help please?! It's driving me crazy!

I wouldn't even try to untether jailbreak. It's all troubles everytime you restart your phone. I can only advice to jailbreak it again.

I wouldn't even try to untether jailbreak. It's all troubles everytime you restart your phone. I can only advice to jailbreak it again.

Thank you. I've tried it. I spent all yesterday trying a way, then it wouldn't work so I restored and tried again. I've tried a fresh restore and I've also tried a restore from what my iPhone was already set.

(To let you know how many times I've restored my phone yesterday, itunes stopped letting me restore it so I had to use my husband's computer).

I seriously cannot figure out why I cannot download any content.

iOS 4.2.8 was meant to prevent jailbreaking in fact. But I though that redsnow could untether jailbreak it. I seriously can't help you, I actually wish I could. Maybe cydia isn't just updated to that iOS or something.

iOS 4.2.8 was meant to prevent jailbreaking in fact. But I though that redsnow could untether jailbreak it. I seriously can't help you, I actually wish I could. Maybe cydia isn't just updated to that iOS or something.

I'm confused. I thought it was 4.2.9 that prevented untethering? That's this new one have. Cydia works when I install it. It even has 'version 4.2.9,' it's just that when I download anything, when it reboots, I get the redsn0w icon it's stuck there.

I'm guessing I'm the only one with that problem? I'm not even sure if it's in a loop or anything. It asks sometimes to connect to itunes and then the only option I have is to restore it.

I'm confused. I thought it was 4.2.9 that prevented untethering? That's this new one have. Cydia works when I install it. It even has 'version 4.2.9,' it's just that when I download anything, when it reboots, I get the redsn0w icon it's stuck there.

I'm guessing I'm the only one with that problem? I'm not even sure if it's in a loop or anything. It asks sometimes to connect to itunes and then the only option I have is to restore it.

Your Not The Only One i have the exact same problem.......if you find a solution please tell me!!!

i went through the same thing, I went through a whole day of trying to JB my phone, and restoring it(using redsn0w). I can tell this much; from the information ive gathered through this site with all the helpful and useful info people put out here, I will keep my phone stock, until a JB is available for the 4.2.9 firmware. If there will not be then just wait for the iOS 5 update in a couple months, which will most likely have ALOT of the options in Cydia, available (stock). Its all a matter of time before this version gets JB'd as well(or so it seems based on the past)

Well, I was talking about iOS 4.2.9 :) typing mistakes. And like you said, you can only get a tether jailbreak for it. And you will need to connect your phone to your computer and use the iBoot from redsnow to boot up your iPhone everytime you reboot it, that's the meaning of tether jailbreak in fact. You do not need to restore it everytime. Check on your desktop or in the redsnow folder and you will find the iBoot, if not then you use the redsnow tool to tether boot your phone everytime you want to reboot your phone.

Last edited:
i went through the same thing, I went through a whole day of trying to JB my phone, and restoring it(using redsn0w). I can tell this much; from the information ive gathered through this site with all the helpful and useful info people put out here, I will keep my phone stock, until a JB is available for the 4.2.9 firmware. If there will not be then just wait for the iOS 5 update in a couple months, which will most likely have ALOT of the options in Cydia, available (stock). Its all a matter of time before this version gets JB'd as well(or so it seems based on the past)

That version 4.2.9 is already jailbreakable using redsnow, but it's only a tether jailbreak and involve that you will either have to connect yoir phone to your device anytime you turn it off and want to turn it on again, you will use iBoot or redsnow to tether boot your iPhone. That iOS 4.2.9 will is likely not going to have any untether version of the jailbreak. You will have to stay stock or to use a tether jailbreak.

That version 4.2.9 is already jailbreakable using redsnow, but it's only a tether jailbreak and involve that you will either have to connect yoir phone to your device anytime you turn it off and want to turn it on again, you will use iBoot or redsnow to tether boot your iPhone. That iOS 4.2.9 will is likely not going to have any untether version of the jailbreak. You will have to stay stock or to use a tether jailbreak.

ya i figured that out, I got to know the process pretty well over those couple days, im glad i did. Thanks for the response though. Im not disappointed, just dont want to put up with the tether boot all the time... could get kind of annoying especially if the battery runs out which is highly unlikely with me, but it can happen. I will sit on it for a bit, and maybe get bored one day and try it over again... and then maybe deal with it. Just forgot to mention in my message that I was aware of it being a tether boot.

Hello. I'm new, and I need help!

My phone is on the 4.2.9 firmware, and I have no shsh blobs saved to downgrade. I used kittyra1n's tutorial to jailbreak my phone (using redsn0w).

I installed it installed correctly. Cydia was white, I rebooted it with tether and it was there. I go in, say I'm a user, it updates packages, all is well.

Igo to download something, it installs then reboots. Here is the problem, and I've tried to fix it 3 ways: I load it with tether, I've tried letting it load without tether, and I've also tried not clicking reboot and just turning it off and booting it with the tether. Nothing works. I am stuck at the pineapple screen. It won't load, I can't do anything but restore the phone (I've done it 5 times today to figure something out). Any help please?! It's driving me crazy!
I have a source were u can unteather it my 4.2.9 works fine cause of the source i put in it. so im unteathered jailbroken i have no problem

I have a source were u can unteather it my 4.2.9 works fine cause of the source i put in it. so im unteathered jailbroken i have no problem

Are u sure that you are running an iOS 4.2.9 untether jailbreak?

Status
Not open for further replies.