What's new

Camera flash problem anybody?

I wasn't happy with the flash before 4.1 but it's a lot better after I upgraded so it looks like they fixed the flash issues.

glare seems to be an issue. thought the whiteout seems fixed on 4.1, but i still see a white glare on the lower right part of the photo due to light reflecting near the lens

glare seems to be an issue. thought the whiteout seems fixed on 4.1, but i still see a white glare on the lower right part of the photo due to light reflecting near the lens

Can you upload a sample photo and also take it without flash for comparison?

Mine seems to add a slight yellowish hue to the photo. Not sure if I'm standing too close, or what....

Mine does the same. I think it's the color of the led. But the iPhone has never been a good low light camera phone.

Here's a comparison between an iPhone 4 with the original OS (4.01) and an iPhone 4 with the new OS (4.10)

sample1.png

First picture was taken with the old OS; second picture with the OS 4.10 and the third picture with OS 4.10 with HDR turned on. Another sample below

sample2.png

I had flash white out until i took my case off and took photos. The light was bouncing off the side of the opening of my case.

Yes, do love my iphone and everything so far workss great except this same issue with my flash whiting out photo's and videos. I'm releaved to know i'm not the only one with this issue and greatfull for the advice given in this thread. However, I do wonder why my phone even left the factory with this problem - does no one at Iphone test this feature before dispatching the phones? It seems beneath the reputation of apple and iphone for this problem not to be detected and rectified before these phones are confirmed as suitable for retail. I wonder if anyone from Apple might like to comment or offer an explaination?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Yes this problem, I have also experienced the same. Photos just get a complete white out. Flash just doesn't perform the job that it is supposed to. Apple must provide a reasonable immediate response to this issue.
Regards,
Dhhruv Arya

Even I am facing the same problem and I think I will visit the Apple store and ask for replacement as I have tried all possible ways but none is working, Hopefully, after visiting them the issue will be solved.

I am experiencing the same problem with the flash on my white iPhone 4S. The problem did go away when I took the case off.

I experienced the same thing, and it was because of my case. If you have a case, try taking it off.

I too had this problem. I found the problem to be 2 fold. First I removed the protective covering off the back of the phone. Second, the case plays a big role. Some cases are shaped such that they reflect the flash back into the lens. Thankfully my Otterbox is not a problem. It stands to reason that the phone itself could cause the same problem. As others have mentioned. Mine was not one of those.