What's new

iPhone 5 camera issue

xplizit

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had the iphone 5 since the day after launch, anyway i rarely use the camera on my phone but today i have gone to use the camera and found out that there was a line across every picture i take!

see the following image, the camera does this with and without the flash the camera is the back facing camera, does this is photo and video mode.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
$002.jpg

thanks for your reply, yes the first thing i did was clean the camera so its not a dirt issue, i also cannot see any scratches or damage to the camera.

i have an otterbox case on the phone so it is unlikely i could have scratched the camera.

Me also facing this proble. I don't know what to do. I gave my phone to service center and they said it's a software issue.

Me also facing this proble. I don't know what to do. I gave my phone to service center and they said it's a software issue.

Service Center? What service center? Mac Genus? Because if this was a software issue you'd see it on all iPhones and clearly that's not the situation.

i have got my phone booked into my local apple genius bar tomorrow so shall update when i have more info

Just an update, took my phone to my local Genius Bar today the guy at the Genius Bar looked on the iPad to see if they could replace the camera but apparently they do not have the camera as a replacement part yet so replaced my iphone for a new unit (out of a white box not retail box) he also said that he had not seen the issue before but could be a faulty sensor. In and out of the store in 15 mins brilliant service!