What's new

Iphone 4 Camera issue

dxfy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am in need of some assistance. I am an avid iPhone user.. I even switched to an android phone and came back to my iPhone 4.
BUT..
I am an extensive iPhone photo taker. No, I am not saying a photographer, by any means but I do take a lot of photos from my phone.
The photos on my phone are not a good quality at all. I had my friend take a photo at the same area as myself to see the difference.

$image-1881611382.jpg

My camera.

$image-2136067711.jpg

Her camera.

I have even been told by others my phone camera quality is bad when I send a photo to them.

I have discovered scratches on my lens but would that cause this issue?

$image-2504083654.jpg

Another example.

Attachments

• $image-2599134155.jpg
    $image-2599134155.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 103
Just out of curiosity have you tried to touch the screen before taking picture. What I try to to is lets say I'm taking a pic of a dog, I would center dog on screen touch the screen to force focus and the iPhone does it and than take pic. Just a shot in dark as to possible cure.

I've tried HDR as well as press focus on the item. They all look strange.

$image-691975571.jpg

Original with focus.

$image-3202269902.jpg

HDR

I bet your lens is scratched or something. If you feel brave take the back off the phone and try to shoot a pic and see if its any different.

I would end up hurting the entire phone since I have no idea how to do that! Can you replace the lens?