What's new

bumper or case?

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Whats everyone looking into? I'm really torn between both and I seriously can't decide. I've looked into pretty much everything

Neither. It's a great-looking, perfectly-sized, and I'd prefer not to ugly it up while making it bulky ;)

Neither. It's a great-looking, perfectly-sized, and I'd prefer not to ugly it up while making it bulky ;)
I'm the same way. Most cases tend to make the phone bulky, less appealing, and if it's a rubbery grip then it makes it harder to slip in and out of your pocket.

New to the forum and still need to post intro and I will. I just saw this thread which really interested what everyone thinks about cases for the verizon iphone. I like the Ballistic cases like the ones in the link you provided but they don't seem to be designed for the verizon iphone. The only case I have found that suits my needs as far as portability is the Seidio Innocase II. I am concerned about the latch and the rumors surrounding such cases by the same company in which the clip breaks off. Any suggestions?

I also like the look of the phone too much to cover it up. I think I'm going to get a full cover invisible shield or clear-coat protective skin. If I need more protection, maybe the otterbox defender or commuter.

I broke down and bought a few back protectors(screen protectors) and then front screen protectors and also a black bumper. I wanna keep the phone in tip top shape while also enjoying it if I do sell it for the iphone5. Thats why I WILL NOT go bear with this phone.

Going to try it nude for a little bit. If it looks like my wife is having trouble keeping it up, then we will see about a case. She is usually pretty good about these things, we'll see.

I just never understand why people want to get something nice and then cover it up. Like seat covers in your car... you get nice seats, then cover them up so they don't get ruined... but what's the point? Are you really fully enjoying your seats if they're covered up?

Or people who buy nice cars, then don't drive them because they want to "keep the miles down". Uh... then why did you buy it? I bought my 2010 Camaro to DRIVE it, not to let it sit around while I don't use it.

Same with a phone. [For me, at least] form factor is a huge selling point. I just absolutely love the way the iPhone 4 looks on the outside. Do I want to keep it in good condition? Of course. But do I want it to look ugly? Absolutely not. I will use the phone as it was intended to be used, and be careful and mindful of how I handle it. No need to get some big ugly bumper so I can toss it around.

I just never understand why people want to get something nice and then cover it up. Like seat covers in your car... you get nice seats, then cover them up so they don't get ruined... but what's the point? Are you really fully enjoying your seats if they're covered up?

Or people who buy nice cars, then don't drive them because they want to "keep the miles down". Uh... then why did you buy it? I bought my 2010 Camaro to DRIVE it, not to let it sit around while I don't use it.

Same with a phone. [For me, at least] form factor is a huge selling point. I just absolutely love the way the iPhone 4 looks on the outside. Do I want to keep it in good condition? Of course. But do I want it to look ugly? Absolutely not. I will use the phone as it was intended to be used, and be careful and mindful of how I handle it. No need to get some big ugly bumper so I can toss it around.
+1

I've always ended up carrying my phones without any sort of case. On my iPhone 3G I had a screen protector, but that was it. When you add a case you are just adding to the thickness and overall size of the phone. Not to mention most cases have some sort of rubberized grip, making it harder to simply slip in and out of your pocket.

i've hated every case i've ever gotten for any phone i've had, everyone of them has made it to bulky, or has made it difficult sliding in and out of a pocket, but after all my bad experiences with them and looking at the Atomic cases advertised on this site, i may have to pick one up, those things are just plain cool!

I still don't understand why people use bumpers or cases, if you treat your phone right you need neither.

Well I don't like scratches or even the chance of it hence why I bought a $6 bumper if anything I can just take it off.