What's new

Brand New User Needs Help

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my iphone 5s today and had it activated. I decided to make a phone call. I called a number and hung up after no answer. Now, the phone key pad is still there. How do I close the phone app? I know this is simplistic, but I have never used an iphone before in my life, and it did not come with a manual. Where can I get a manual??

You can get the manual in the iTunes store. Also you tube will help quite a bit. Did you press the round home button to return to the home screen?

I did not know about the round button. However, I belled Apple, and someone in tech support helped me to set up the phone. He also told me how to exit the phone app, and I downloaded iOS 8 and used my finger print to set up entry to the phone (that is really fantastic!). It took FOREVER to download iOS 8, but at least now it is done. Too tired tonight to play with the phone, but I will try to start learning more about it this week. The tech sent me a link to a manual. I already use a MB Air, so I do not think it will be too difficult to learn the phone, especially with helpful people on this website, too. Thank you! : )

I did not know about the round button. However, I belled Apple, and someone in tech support helped me to set up the phone. He also told me how to exit the phone app, and I downloaded iOS 8 and used my finger print to set up entry to the phone (that is really fantastic!). It took FOREVER to download iOS 8, but at least now it is done. Too tired tonight to play with the phone, but I will try to start learning more about it this week. The tech sent me a link to a manual. I already use a MB Air, so I do not think it will be too difficult to learn the phone, especially with helpful people on this website, too. Thank you! : )
Just ask anything you're not sure of, You were right to take advantage of your free 90 days phone support with Apple too. So many people don't realise they have this.

Thanks, Ivy. I am looking forward to learning everything I can do with the phone. It is time, also, to FINALLY upload my CDs to my MB Air and share them with the phone. There are still tons of things my laptop does that I have not learnt or used.

I LOVE the fingerprint thingy to access the phone. I like Siri, too. Feels very Star Trek-e to me (and I was around at the time the original series was being aired.).