What's new

Tmobile 5s activation

Bad news about "bad sound quality on T-M iphone 5s" from MacRumor forum. Here is the description of the issue: " I switched to an iPhone 5S on T-Mobile from a 4S on Verizon. The sound quality is terrible. It is very tinny and sharp, with almost no bass and too much high frequencies. It also sounds slightly distorted at times. It's so bad that it actually hurts in my ears when I use it with the white Apple headset, so I have to turn the volume way down. I did not have this issue with my 4S on Verizon."... There are more info in that thread. Seems to be a warning to me for holding a bit longer for their service. Kind of disappointing and frustrating now just a day b4 receiving my new 5s ...

My 5s (with TM sim card installed) has arrived. Funny thing happened when I decided connecting it to my mac itunes that it immediately informed me a new carrier's info update is available and ask me to download/install (this happened even b4 I got a chance to setup my new phone). I took that and went ahead to setup my new 5s "as new idevice". Everything went super smooth and fast. I was able to use my 5s for everything (with wifi connected) except phone service then:) The next day, I hesitated to contact TM (call or store) for maybe receive bad service (more extra charges, bad sound quality,...) So I went to att website and check for prepaid plans. Surprisingly they offer seemly better 10 cent/min plan than TM. I called att wireless gophone dept and their sales people seemed hesitate to let me sign up with the plan stating that is for non-smartphone only as soon as they heard my 5s. I was mad and turn to their customer service and those girls are very nice and quick to tell me I can surely sign up with the plan with my 5s. But they had to transfer me back to sales and ask to get a sim. Sales guy again refused to send me sim for my 5s. Being pissed off, I turn to att main customer service (my home phone and internet) and asked for getting me a sim or they lose my account. The guy was alarmed and quickly got me back to gophone sales advising them to send me a sim right away. The sales guy seemed got the message/warn and kindly (change tone) asked my 5s info, but came up with "the sim for your phone has sold out"! Ridiculous! I called my acc service again and the person apologized and gave me a tip that he had done it before himself: go to an att store and signup and they will install/activate sim immediately with absolutely no charge/question. I went to an att authorized dealer and 10 min after I got my TM5s 4-dot signal on with att service! The dealer can only let me signup/setup and receive att service; they are not allowed to change my plan features. So I called att gophone customer service to remove texting and data services as I don't plan to use them and they immediately did and even setup my email address for notifications (they would normally text me, free, for notifications). And then I got a even better news that my prepaid balance, if not used completely, will be rolled over to next period if I stay in the plan. Sounds good? So I am with att wireless for now ... (I am not ad for att, but just stating my new 5s experience with carrier. Maybe others had different experience. Would like to hear also.)

Oh, It's confirmed that my TM iphone5s ordered from apple.com is actually unlocked.