What's new

BootLogo Help

Undefinedmaster

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Undefinedmaster, and I'm new here. Sorry if this is in the wrong section or if i do something else wrong.

Anyways, I have a question about BootLogos.

Can somebody, if it's not too complicated for someone who has never done it before, explain to me how to make my own BootLogo, or, if it is too complicated for me, to take a request and make one?

Thanks,
Undefinedmaster

Bootlogos generally aren't that difficult to make. Static (nonmoving) ones are a piece of cake to make. The dimensions are 320 x 480 pixels. You can use apps like AnimateAll and such to implement them. Or you can just mod the stock one so that you don't need a middle man application.

Bootlogos generally aren't that difficult to make. Static (nonmoving) ones are a piece of cake to make. The dimensions are 320 x 480 pixels. You can use apps like AnimateAll and such to implement them. Or you can just mod the stock one so that you don't need a middle man application.

How would I either upload one or modify one?

You'll need to jailbreak the device. To modify the stock one, you'll need to navigate to the stock boot logo's directory, and replace it with a .png file of the same name and appropriate dimension. Alternatively, you could use something like Animate to implement the boot logo. The directory where the Animate logos go is root/Library/Bootlogos/. The stock one should be root/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/

You'll need to jailbreak the device. To modify the stock one, you'll need to navigate to the stock boot logo's directory, and replace it with a .png file of the same name and appropriate dimension. Alternatively, you could use something like Animate to implement the boot logo. The directory where the Animate logos go is root/Library/Bootlogos/. The stock one should be root/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/

Sorry, I am pretty new to jailbreaking, but how do I get to the directory? Do I "view folders" or whatever after I plug in my phone?

Most commonly, the SSH method would be used or the Secured SHell FTP (File Transfer Protocol) method, which is wirelessly from your computer to your device. When using utilities on the PC like WinSCP or Cyberduck and such, you'll basically be able to look through your device like you would on My Computer, allowing you to see all the folders present when you install something as well as all the system files.

Alternatively, you can use iFunBox or iExplorer as well. Both utilities can be used with jailbroken and stock devices. Instead of doing it wireless, these utilities use the cable, meaning faster transfer speeds. You can accomplish the same thing though I personally prefer SSH a bit more when it comes down to modifying specifics since it's easier to do in my opinion by SSH than using utilities like iFunBox or iExplorer.

Most commonly, the SSH method would be used or the Secured SHell FTP (File Transfer Protocol) method, which is wirelessly from your computer to your device. When using utilities on the PC like WinSCP or Cyberduck and such, you'll basically be able to look through your device like you would on My Computer, allowing you to see all the folders present when you install something as well as all the system files.

Alternatively, you can use iFunBox or iExplorer as well. Both utilities can be used with jailbroken and stock devices. Instead of doing it wireless, these utilities use the cable, meaning faster transfer speeds. You can accomplish the same thing though I personally prefer SSH a bit more when it comes down to modifying specifics since it's easier to do in my opinion by SSH than using utilities like iFunBox or iExplorer.

Thanks! How do I use Secure SHell FTP?

You'll need to have OpenSSH installed and an FTP client on your computer. Make sure both your iPhone and your pc are connected to the same network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 