What's new

Deleted Cydia installer

Vital

Reaction score
Before I start this isn't me it's a friend of mine who has deleted cydia installer

hello, one of my friends who has jailbroke their iPad mini (iOS 7.0.4) deleted cydia installer, Thus making springboard enter safe mode on every boot.

Is their anyway to fix this? (Restoring isn't an option because he never made a backup).

Thanks

Assuming it's only Cydia Installer that was deleted, and nothing else, and that your friend has

1. MobileTerminal installed, you can run "apt-get install cydia"
  2. If your friend has afc2add installed, you can use iFunBox to place this deb into the Cydia App Installer branch of the tree in iFunBox Classic, and reboot the device to install the deb.
  3. If your friend has iFile installed, tell him to click on the link above, and open the deb archive in iFile. Then tap on Installer so iFile installs it using the debian installer.
If your friend does not meet any of these criterias, the only way is to backup the device either manually or using iTunes/iCloud, restore, re-jailbreak and restore the backup.

Hi Willerz, my friend has ifile installed, I sent him the link and he opened it in ifile, installed it but once it was done installing nothing happened even after respring

Cydia should now be refreshed on the device and Cydia should now be resolved since all dependencies have been reinstalled

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Hi willerz, I think you misread my post.
I gave him the file, he opened it in ifile clicked installer got code result (0) but nothing happened even after respring. Pictures below
$photo 1.JPG$photo 2.JPG$photo 3.JPG$photo 5.JPG
Sorry about the rotation it wasn't like that when I uploaded them.

Attachments

• $photo 4.JPG
    $photo 4.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 540
Use Spotlight search to see if Cydia's found. If not, your friend will have to use iTunes or a non-iTunes utility to rip the data off of the device, restore, and re-jailbreak. More than likely it's not just a Cydia Installer issue.