What's new

Bluetooth with Siri on 4s

bosox20

Reaction score
hi,

can any of you recommend a good bluetooth unit to use with Siri? I like using the headphones that come with the phone, but sometimes its good to be wireless in car as well.. Bluetooths are very expensive so I want to make sure i get one that works well with Siri

thanks

I actually bought some AT&T Blue Tooth Stereo Headphones a few years back. Think they were around $40. I never had hooked them up to this 4s phone until today. Found they work beautifully. And they also have a retractable Mic while you are talking to someone or something.

but is there a button to push on those to activate Siri? I was looking for just a bluetooth earpiece, not headphones... thanks.

I use the jawbone icon and a long press on the button on the headset brings up voice dialing which then brings up Siri a few second later. Use it to make calls and texts on a regular basis

Thanks.. I decided on the Plantronics Voyager Pro HD... it got good reviews from most people so we'll see.. The laws are getting so strict anymore that you really can't use your phone in the car without a bluetooth.. and with siri, its so easy to send and read text.. thanks..

bosox20 said:
Thanks.. I decided on the Plantronics Voyager Pro HD... it got good reviews from most people so we'll see.. The laws are getting so strict anymore that you really can't use your phone in the car without a bluetooth.. and with siri, its so easy to send and read text.. thanks..

Can you share how this unit is working with the 4s? I was a long time Blackberry user and recently converted to the iPhone 4s. I used a Voyager pro for a long time with my BB and it worked perfect. I ran it through the laundry one day and even though it still worked...the speaker was damaged and the sound was not as good. So I bought the Plantronics 975 and it was flawless on my BB. People could not tell I was on a headset and audio was great both ways. Now with the IPhone it is horrible! People tell me I sound like I am in a can, it cuts out, my voice goes digital, etc. I can hear them fine, but audio out is terrible. I am in sales so in the car many hours a day and on the phone. I don't like people holding a phone to their head and driving...been cut off too many times! So I always use a headset. But I need one that works perfectly! I am reading that no Bluetooth works well with the iPhone 4s due to issues with the phone. Well...first and foremost I need my phone to be a PHONE and work properly. Nothing else it can do really matters. After all, I have my iPad for everything else! I may end up giving my iPhone to my son and going back to a Blackberry Bold Touch...at least the phone and Bluetooth both work extremely well for their core purpose of being a phone.

So...how does the Pro HD work w you iPhone? Might be what saves my iPhone.

Thank you!

Can you share how this unit is working with the 4s? I was a long time Blackberry user and recently converted to the iPhone 4s. I used a Voyager pro for a long time with my BB and it worked perfect. I ran it through the laundry one day and even though it still worked...the speaker was damaged and the sound was not as good. So I bought the Plantronics 975 and it was flawless on my BB. People could not tell I was on a headset and audio was great both ways. Now with the IPhone it is horrible! People tell me I sound like I am in a can, it cuts out, my voice goes digital, etc. I can hear them fine, but audio out is terrible. I am in sales so in the car many hours a day and on the phone. I don't like people holding a phone to their head and driving...been cut off too many times! So I always use a headset. But I need one that works perfectly! I am reading that no Bluetooth works well with the iPhone 4s due to issues with the phone. Well...first and foremost I need my phone to be a PHONE and work properly. Nothing else it can do really matters. After all, I have my iPad for everything else! I may end up giving my iPhone to my son and going back to a Blackberry Bold Touch...at least the phone and Bluetooth both work extremely well for their core purpose of being a phone.

So...how does the Pro HD work w you iPhone? Might be what saves my iPhone.

Thank you!

I have been using a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD with my iphone 4S for about a month now and love it! I haven't had any issues with it and the sound is great. I haven't recieved any complaints form callers as far as sound quality on thier end. It even works great with Siri.

Blueant S4 does not seem to work well on Siri, it connects but routinely cannot understand my requests.

As a speaker phone, the S4 quality is great.

iPhone Bluetooth really sucks actually. I also came from BlackBerry where bluetooth was very solid. With the 4s, output is always solid, but input is not. people always say they can't hear me. I connect to 2 devices, BlackBerry stereo gateway and the freedom stereo Bluetooth headphones. Actually wrote a post about this last week on my blog.