What's new

4S: Incoming calls disconnect bluetooth

RSO34

Reaction score
My 4S automatically connects to my jawbone and car without any issues. I can make calls and use SIRI both through the jawbone and car without any issues. However, whenever a call comes in (irrespective of jawbone or car bluetooth), I hear the phone ring and as soon as it connects it then disconnects from the bluetooth device and requires me to manually reconnect that device by tapping the screen.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps change the device order so your car radio or jaw bone is top of the list?

Normally pressing the call button on the non active device will connect it.

Perhaps change the device order so your car radio or jaw bone is top of the list?

Normally pressing the call button on the non active device will connect it.

The call does get connected automatically to whatever bluetooth device I am using but immediately upon trying to say hello the bluetooth connection gets severed and I have to manually tap the iphone to reconnect to the device. This is never an issue with making calls or using siri.

I spoke with "level 2" tech support at verizon and they said I should try putting it in airplane mode for 15 seconds and that should fix the problem. It didn't and now i am waiting for the next level of verizon to try to answer the question.

I have the Ip4 so not Siri so this is a guess,

Your using 2 voice activated devices seems to me Siri is activating on incoming calls a bit like 'divert on busy', your reaction ti answer mat be to slow, or Siri to fast and there may be a setting to mske Siri wait longer.

I'd also try using the answer button on your device instead of voice command, see if it swaps while an incomming call is in progress for a few seconds.

My 4S automatically connects to my jawbone and car without any issues. I can make calls and use SIRI both through the jawbone and car without any issues. However, whenever a call comes in (irrespective of jawbone or car bluetooth), I hear the phone ring and as soon as it connects it then disconnects from the bluetooth device and requires me to manually reconnect that device by tapping the screen.

Any suggestions?
I have the exact same issue. This is very frustrating. If anyone has a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated. I'm surprised this is not a bigger issue with the users.

Having the same issue with my 4s. I tried this and this seems to fix the problem.

Under Settings >> General >> Accessibility >> Incoming calls (in the Physical & Motor section),

Change from default to Headset and then you can close everything out. Then have someone call you to test it.

Last edited: