What's new

Bluetooth pairings to Android

anwaryunos

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5s 32GB and IOS 8.1 which I had updated OTA last week. I had tried pairing the iPhone to several Android smart phones ie Samsung S4 LTE, Samsung Note 3 LTE and Redmi Note Enhance Version but all failed to connect. Is this inherrent to IOS 8.1 or do I need to drop by the Apple store? Thanks.

I tried to connect my iPhone to my daughter's Android, and it didn't work either. I know that it was possible with my iPads before iOS 8, so I suppose it's the software, either on the Android (there was an update a few weeks ago), or iOS 8x, not the iPhone.

Last edited:
I also tried to pair my 5s with my Note3 and wasn't abl to.....I guess it's not available.

It is possible. I connected my SGS 3 to the iPhone, using the Personal Hotspot feature on my iPhone, via Wi-Fi. I can't try to connect them through Bluetooth, though.

Not possible. The only reason to pair and connect to another phone would be to transfer contacts or file. iPhone does not support these Bluetooth profiles.

Not possible. The only reason to pair and connect to another phone would be to transfer contacts or file...
Not quite correct. I used my Android as hotspot, and connected my iPad to the internet that way. It worked very well, as long as I used the SGS 3.

iPAD, yes, iPHONE NO. Different type of device. The original poster was asking about connecting Android phone to iPhone.

Not quite correct. I used my Android as hotspot, and connected my iPad to the internet that way. It worked very well, as long as I used the SGS 3.
Hotspot is WiFi. The poster was asking about connecting Bluetooth Android phone to iPhone. Yes you can turn on the Android hotspot feature and connect your iPAD to it via WiFi.

Hotspot is WiFi. The poster was asking about connecting Bluetooth Android phone to iPhone. Yes you can turn on the Android hotspot feature and connect your iPAD to it via WiFi.
I used Bluetooth to connect both. It didn't work with Wi-Fi when I tried with the iPad, so I gave up. It was definitely Bluetooth only. (Bluetooth tethering)

Last edited: