What's new

Bluetooth on/off

My issued seems to be a bit different. With my old Android as soon as I got in the car, it recognized the bluetooth and I was connected. Now, with the iPhone5, it seems that I have to "select, recognize and confirm" the iPhone before it connects.
Is that unusual? Is there a way to automatically connect?

OK, got my iPhone 5 white today and I have paired it with my Car Hands Free Bluetooth, FM transmitter which I was using with my iPhone 4 and all is working as before. When I turn my car on, the hands free Bluetooth, FM transmitter gets connected to the phone automatically, I don't have to touch the phone or the In-Car Bluetooth at all.

Deckyon - thanks for that explanation of "dual" phones being recognized by our Honda's Hands Free Setup! Kind of what I thought - but nice of you to confirm it!. I'd like to add that my iPhone5 BT does sync perfectly with my other BT devices, including a portable speaker in my truck (which does not have Hands Free built in) as well as another BT single hands free earpiece that I use often when at work (I have a custom woodworking shop with often times loud machinery that otherwise would prevent me from hearing my phone ringing). Compared to my OG Droid - I'd say it pairs as perfectly and seamlessly - I give both a thumbs up with neither being better or worse than the other.

I leave my wifi and bluetooth on all the time. No battery issues. I don't have my 5 yet and still have the 4. I get in the car and when it starts the built in bluetooth auto connects to my phone. I have the option for a primary and secondary bluetooth pairing. That could be why some people have to pair a different phone everytime you are in the car.

No matter how many times I clear the data and re-pair my phone it still does not connect when I get in the car.