What's new

Car audio defaults to "Private Call" instead of "Your Vehicle"

J T

Reaction score
I did a search for "bluetooth car audio" and didn't see anything similar to what my question is.

Is there a way to change the default of making/receiving a call to "Your Vehicle" instead of "Private Call"? Every time I make or receive a call, I have to select "Your Vehicle" in the Audio Source menu. Other than that little annoyance, the pairing works flawlessly and I can talk hands-free to my heart's content. I searched through the settings and didn't see any options for this particular selection. 2012 Chevy Sonic, by the way.

I'll throw one more ? in as well. Is it possible to disable voice-to-text from the audio system without turning off bluetooth? On my old pile of steaming crap droid, the only time my car's audio system was affected was when I was making or receiving a phone call. The first time I did VTT with the 5 my audio muted and then I got "CALL ENDED" when I sent the text. I don't think I mind the audio muting every time, but hearing "CALL ENDED" can get annoying pretty quickly every time I send a VTT.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Last edited:
I have the Mazda CX5 (love it!)... and have the audio source problem only on incoming call... and only the first incoming call of the day. I have to answer and then go to audio source and reassign to the car. Once I've done that once... then no further problems that particular trip. I while back I saw this was a known problem experienced by a handful of folks on one of the Mazda forums. Unfortunately I know of no solution at this time. But you are not alone... if that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that there wasn't going to be a simple answer (ie: "here's how you set the default to Your Vehicle.") Oh well, onward!