What's new

New Honda Civic--Callers Can't Hear Me Whan Answering with HandsFreeLink....Help

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
iPhone 5 running 6.0.1. Had no problem with Bluetooth system on 2011 FJ Cruiser last week. Problem with new 2013 Civic this week.

Can answer call from steering wheel and the call connects, but callers can't hear me. If I use the car radio "transfer to handset" callers can hear me on the iPhone. Likewise, if I answer with the iPhone the phone takes the call and callers can hear me. I can then transfer the call back to the car using either the car or iPhone and then callers CAN THEN hear me from car microphone. But initial answer from car does not seem to activate car microphone.

This does NOT happen with my wife's 4S running 5.0.1 or my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which leads me to think it's an IOS problem. I searched here and could not find thread on the problem. Found EXACT problem on a Chevy Cruze forum and somewhere else, but deleting and reconnecting the iPhone from the car audio was the only solution that worked for some. This didn't work for me.

Any ideas?

Could be the mic in the cars Bluetooth system. Take it to the dealer and have them check it out. I know the mic is on back order, so that just shows how many are having issues.

Most likely the Honda soft ware needs an updated. i have had this happen using the Parrot integrated car system as wel.l You need to ask Honda as we have no answers for that issue. Upgrading the Honda software should be easy assuming they have a fix to support Apples iOS upgrade

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia