What's new

Bluetooth pairing of iPhone 5C with other devices

Cheltman

Reaction score
I have just purchased an iPhone 5C and am trying to pair it through Bluetooth with my old Nokia 7100s-2 to transfer data. The Nokia detects the iPhone but displays message 'Service not supported by other device'. An iphone search does not detect the Nokia. Can I remedy this apparent lack of compatibility? (It can't pair with my hands free Parrot in the car either.)
All ideas appreciated

I have just purchased an iPhone 5C and am trying to pair it through Bluetooth with my old Nokia 7100s-2 to transfer data. The Nokia detects the iPhone but displays message 'Service not supported by other device'. An iphone search does not detect the Nokia. Can I remedy this apparent lack of compatibility? (It can't pair with my hands free Parrot in the car either.)
All ideas appreciated

Unfortunately, an iDevices's Bluetooth is not for pairing with other devices to share data. It's mainly so you can pair with external usage devices such as keyboards and headsets/earphones.

I'm not sure why it's not pairing with the car, however, as that is one thing it should do. All I can do in that case is to dig out the car manual and see. Or, hope that someone reading this has experience in pairing with that particular model of device in a car.

Sorry I couldn't be of better help.

Marilyn

You need to check that the Parrott has up to date software . I have two parrots in two different vehicles, the earlier one had problems when iOS 6 was out, poor quality call and wouldn't show the battery meter ... Works perfect now with ios7
( iPhone 4S)

Thank you Marilyn for your prompt response.

I think iDevices have missed a trick by restricting bluetooth, but no problem, as they say if all else fails - read the manual. I read that my telephone service provider, who also provided the phone, offers a free service in switching the contents of the old phone to the new using their 'Red Box'. Amazingly they had a shop about 500 yards from my house. I took both phones in and they transferred the data immediately while i waited - all free of charge.

The Parrot problem I am working on.

Thanks Tintbob , the Parrot website also suggested updating the software and has a convenient 'download' button. However when I called the Parrot helpline for further info they said don't bother - just delete all the other paired phones showing on the Parrot and retry. I did this and was able to pair immediately! Works fine - problem solved.

Try a dual stream Bluetooth adapter to connect more than one headset or speaker.