What's new

Bluetooth File Transfer

Dvisr

Reaction score
I need to transfer simple small ascii and txt files via bluetooth from a
windows mobile handheld PC to an Iphone 4s with the intent to attach
the files to email and send from the phone on 4g.*The phone is not jailbroken.
Does anyone know of an app that will accomplish this?
I have searched to no avail.
thanks

You are better off using DropBox or Skydrive on both phones to accomplish this task in my opinion. Mainly because I haven't found a way to do bluetooth file transfers either in the 14 months I have been using iOS.

Thanks. I looked at Dropbox but its a shame i have
to pay for tethering when the phone has bluetooth.
I just dont understand why they gimp such a great device.

To clarify a bit. The windows mobile device is
a survey data collector.

DropBox is nice one. You can use this application. You can also use Skydrive application.
Thanks

you can send files via bluetooth but you have to jailbreak and pay for a cydia tweak, either airblue or celeste.. but if you do decide to buy one then make sure its working with the firmware you are on

The iPhone does not support file transfer by bluetooth. but you can use some software to support this. I am using the app Bluetooth File Transfer and DropBox. They actually works.

Presently, bluetooth transfer is not allowed unless what other member said that need to jailbreak. Apple currently has no plans on _iDevice to iDevice tethering_ or _iDevice to another cellular tethering_. I hope apple will have a plans in solving in this problems but so far there's no update or news from Apple in addressing this issue.

I have never understood that given on my old Samsung dumb phone I could do small transfers between that phone and my laptop. Now I get to a more sophisticated i4S and its Bluetooth useless - waste of Technology.

I have never understood that given on my old Samsung dumb phone I could do small transfers between that phone and my laptop. Now I get to a more sophisticated i4S and its Bluetooth useless - waste of Technology.

Yeah, I found it very infuriating that after buying an iPhone 4S I couldn't do a simple thing like send a photo to my daughter's Nokia phone via Bluetooth. Which I could do no problem with the Samsung Galaxy Europa that I used to have before. I e-mailed the photo to my daughter instead so it wasn't the end of the World. But I do find it strange that an iPhone that is supposedly the cutting edge of mobile phone technology couldn't do a simple file transfer via Bluetooth when lesser phones can! Fortunately it's not a feature that I use that often, so I can live with this Apple quirk.

Yeah, I found it very infuriating that after buying an iPhone 4S I couldn't do a simple thing like send a photo to my daughter's Nokia phone via Bluetooth. Which I could do no problem with the Samsung Galaxy Europa that I used to have before. I e-mailed the photo to my daughter instead so it wasn't the end of the World. But I do find it strange that an iPhone that is supposedly the cutting edge of mobile phone technology couldn't do a simple file transfer via Bluetooth when lesser phones can! Fortunately it's not a feature that I use that often, so I can live with this Apple quirk.

Its not really the phone-to-phone transfers that bug me, is the lack of ability to do a phone-to-laptop transfer that kind of irks me. I mean, there are workarounds that obviously aren't too much of a hassle (ie messaging/email/iCloud etc). Its the principle of being denied something straightforward that competing phones offer, for no good reason.

well allowing the feature to be enabled will open apple up to a tone of illegal file sharing and loss of profit from itunes sales... I used to complain about the lack of feature endlessly but I fear this is something apple will never add especially with services that are much faster like icloud that share instantly between your devices, apart from jailbreak apps you will probably never see feature officially added