What's new

Texting mp3 files

AD617

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone knew how to txt or email an MP3 file on the iPhone. I am able to recieve files and play them but I cant seem to send them via txt or email?

I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.2

Thanks

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon. :)

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sur
e

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

This cannot be done on a stock iPhone. That aside, it's borderline illegal (if not illegal) to distribute or share music through emails and text since you do not have the authorized permission of the original owner to do so.

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon. :)

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sur
e

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

This cannot be done on a stock iPhone. That aside, it's borderline illegal (if not illegal) to distribute or share music through emails and text since you do not have the authorized permission of the original owner to do so.

Well im not trying to Share music with anyone thru txt or email. There are site that allow you to freely download audio clips and sounds free to your phones. Those are the types of files I wanted to share. When you download them they come in as MP3.

I just did a voice memo and it was an .m4a file.

I was always able to do it on my android and i do understand that both platfoms are different. If there is an app that will allow to do this that will work.

As said, unfortunately, you can't on a stock iPhone, nor are there apps to do it because Apple believes that would equal piracy by downloading music on one iTunes account and ripping and sharing it to others. Not saying your intentions is piracy, just that that's Apple's mentality.

You can view mp3 attached files, just that you can't physically send them without having root access to your device, which is the case for Android base devices by default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

As said, unfortunately, you can't on a stock iPhone, nor are there apps to do it because Apple believes that would equal piracy by downloading music on one iTunes account and ripping and sharing it to others. Not saying your intentions is piracy, just that that's Apple's mentality.

You can view mp3 attached files, just that you can't physically send them without having root access to your device, which is the case for Android base devices by default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Agreed.... :hdvideo: