What's new

mp3's keep playing... I would rather they didn't.....

Supahrob

Reaction score
Ok - I thought I had asked this before, but I just searched and apparently I did not.

On iOS 4.whatever, when I was listening to music, and an alarm or alert would go off - if I would get an email - if I would get a text message - if... ANYTHING happened that caused my phone to make a sound, my mp3 would STOP - the sound would play, and then my mp3 would RESUME.

There was much rejoicing in the land. This was how I liked it. This was how it SHOULD be.

But, with iOS 5.whatever, I think something evil crept in. Now, when I am listening to my mp3s and the iphone needs to make another sound - my mp3 just keeps going (at a slightly reduced volume - then raising back to normal when the sound was over). It does this EXCLUSIVELY now. I can't seem to find a setting to go back to the old (BETTER) behavior.

There is much sadness in the land. This is NOT how I like it. This is NOT how it should be!

A major reason for my gripe is, that I am listening to lectures for my school - and often while at work. So when a text comes in or whatever, and my lecture keeps playing, I often miss important information that I need, and going back a few seconds isn't usually possible. I am not incredibly popular or anything - but I get enough texts that (when combined with alarms, alerts, etc.) this is becoming a MAJOR issue.

Please someone tell me how to kill this gremlin that has obviously crept in with iOS 5.whocares. I need NEED NEED it to behave like it did back in the 4.thiswasthebetterway days.

Take care,
Rob

I suggest switching on Airplane Mode for the duration of the mp3 you are listening to. There don't seem to be any options for doing as you require.

I suggest switching on Airplane Mode for the duration of the mp3 you are listening to. There don't seem to be any options for doing as you require.

ooooooh, I am REALLY hoping this is not the case. Such a major design flaw in the OS - one that was INTRODUCED. One that (as far as I can tell) has no positive effect - it only detracts from the enjoyment and usefulness of the phones (admittedly secondary) features. This - in my case - would be a MAJOR strike against the iphone.

Take care,
Rob