What's new

can mp3 file be used as an alarm?

cagsfnch

Reaction score
Hi, everybody.

I'm considering getting an iPhone (never used one before). One of the things I think would be nice would be to be able to place an mp3 file onto the phone and set the Alarm every morning to play that mp3 to wake me up.

Is this possible?

Does anyone know how exactly I would go about doing this? I would connect the lighnting connector to my computer (with mp3 file) and iPhone. Then I could copy the mp3 file onto the iPhone but where should I put it on the iPhone? Once on the iPhone, I would just select to play that mp3 when setting the Alarm?

Hi, everybody.

I'm considering getting an iPhone (never used one before). One of the things I think would be nice would be to be able to place an mp3 file onto the phone and set the Alarm every morning to play that mp3 to wake me up.

Is this possible?

Does anyone know how exactly I would go about doing this? I would connect the lighnting connector to my computer (with mp3 file) and iPhone. Then I could copy the mp3 file onto the iPhone but where should I put it on the iPhone? Once on the iPhone, I would just select to play that mp3 when setting the Alarm?

It certainly is possible!

Go to your alarm app and set your alarm--than press the edit button/sound/Pick a song!

$image-3372754396.jpg

$image-578330039.jpg

Last edited:
oh neat. Thank you.

When I copy the song onto the iPhone. Where should I "store/paste" the mp3 file? Where should it be kept on the iPhone?

oh neat. Thank you.

When I copy the song onto the iPhone. Where should I "store/paste" the mp3 file? Where should it be kept on the iPhone?

When you upload to iTunes from your computer, it will automatically go to your Music App on your iPhone ...No work for you in that department!

When you upload to iTunes from your computer, it will automatically go to your Music App on your iPhone ...No work for you in that department!

so it's not a copy/paste job? I have iTunes get the mp3 and then when I connect the iPhone to the computer, the iPhone will pull the song out of iTunes?

I thought I would just be able to copy it from my computer and paste into into a folder on the iPhone. (sorry I've never used iphone before :)

so it's not a copy/paste job? I have iTunes get the mp3 and then when I connect the iPhone to the computer, the iPhone will pull the song out of iTunes?

I thought I would just be able to copy it from my computer and paste into into a folder on the iPhone. (sorry I've never used iphone before :)

Since you already uploaded your songs to iTunes, you simply have to connect your iPhone to your computer. Then go to the music tab and select the songs you'd like to load onto your phone.

Have a look at this: Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

You can also "drag" content to your device as well.