What's new

How do I set identifying ringers for TEXT messages from different sources?

nighttraindb

Reaction score
Please note: I previously owned a Blackberry however I now own a Iphone.... The Blackkberry was able to do this with ease.. and figured such a simple feature would be available on the Iphone also. In this world of SMS and Text Messages identifying rings in my humble opinion should be a default feature. PLEASE READ BELOW

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this post. Ok, I have a ADT securty system... and with my blackberry (sorry guys) if someone opened my offce doors (outside of office hours) my phone would immediately recieve a text (with an alarm sound that I can not even ignore in my sleep...). Yet, I can't seem to set it on my Iphone to do the same thing.

I think part of the problem is each time the message comes it is from a different phone numbe however they all say [email protected]...

Is there a way I can have it so when a text message comes from that email address Alerts@ADT.... my alarm goes off?

Again thanks

Last edited:
Not sure I understand. You are on an IPhone forum and are asking about how to determine where a text is coming from on your Blackberry? Is that correct?

Sorry for the confusion everyone, no I -- previously -- owned a Blackberry and was able to do this with ease.. and figured such a simple feature would be available on the Iphone also. In this world of SMS and Text Messages identifying rings in my humble opinion should be a default feature.

You can set different Text and Ringtones per contact. Go into Contact and edit to choose new tones. On IOS 5 anyway.....