What's new

Black screen can't turn on

goblue20

Reaction score
Brand new 4s from Sprint. Opened it up and tried to turn it on. Saw Apple screen and it went to the configure menu. Tried to click or slide configure and it wouldn't advance to next screen. (Did see a lock on top of screen) Clicked top power button and it went black. Now it remains black and I cant get it to come back on at all.

Figured it was the battery, so I plugged it in and have had it plugged in for about 15 minutes now and it is beeping every few seconds. The screen is still black and I can't get it to come on at all. I did try holding down the home and top power button for a few seconds, 10 seconds, and 15 or more seconds to no avail.

It isn't even activated yet because I haven't had the chance to do so.

goblue20 said:
Brand new 4s from Sprint. Opened it up and tried to turn it on. Saw Apple screen and it went to the configure menu. Tried to click or slide configure and it wouldn't advance to next screen. (Did see a lock on top of screen) Clicked top power button and it went black. Now it remains black and I cant get it to come back on at all.

Figured it was the battery, so I plugged it in and have had it plugged in for about 15 minutes now and it is beeping every few seconds. The screen is still black and I can't get it to come on at all. I did try holding down the home and top power button for a few seconds, 10 seconds, and 15 or more seconds to no avail.

It isn't even activated yet because I haven't had the chance to do so.

Connect it to iTunes I say that could be your trouble

Do you mean through a computer? I have it connected in to the wall charger at the moment. Not to mention I only have a PC. So basically install itunes on the PC and then usb connect it to the computer in to itunes?

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.

goblue20 said:
Do you mean through a computer? I have it connected in to the wall charger at the moment. Not to mention I only have a PC. So basically install itunes on the PC and then usb connect it to the computer in to itunes?

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.

Open up iTunes and follow what it says pc will do Probably in dfu or recovery mode or something

Its just a bad phone. A defect of some sort which probably rarely happens. I've figured out that when you squeeze the phone itself near the top, the screen comes on. It is like there is something loose inside so when you push the phone together at the top area, it works. When you release your thumb and index finger it goes black again. One of those things I guess :)

Thanks again for replying and your help.