What's new

iPhone 4 not showing up at all

ihtxam

Reaction score
Dear All,

i have iPhone 4, 5.1.1, it used to work fine before, but yesterday, i turned it ON but failed. I put on charging for 2hours, but no luck.

When i plug to PC, PC beeps as iPhone connects, Also iTunes show up iPhone and says "No sim inserted in iPhone".

But i am unable to see any Apple logo, totally black screen. tried to hold the power button and home button simultaneously for 8 seconds, then release both. No boot at all.

Kindly advise, what has happened to my iPhone. How it can be fixed?

thanks in advance.

Maybe there's been some kind of component failure in the phone. Have you considered having it checked out at the Genius Bar at an Apple store? They could run a diagnostic and be able to tell you what's wrong. If you are still able to back up your phone, do so before taking it in. Any replacement or newly purchased iPhone can be set up from the backup.
If you do decide to go to the Apple store, make an appointment before you go, it saves waiting around after you arrive.

Dear scifan
Thanks for reply. Actually I don't have apple centre in my city, so this option is not feasible for me.

Don't you think that there might be something wrong with its battery? I opened iPhone & unplugged & plugged back it's battery jack. But still same.

It was working ok before this problem. Though it have had voice problem ( I can't hear voice during making calls or music at all, only used it for wifi & texting).

Any suggestion.

Last edited:
Are there any authorized repair shops in your vicinity? If you go to this site and select your country, you can find the location of the nearest authorized service provider. https://locate.apple.com/country

They will be equipped to run a full diagnostic on your phone to determine just what the problem is.

I tried it and found 5 service providers in my home town.