What's new

Black Friday Weekend Figures Show That Apple Sold 6 Million iPhone X Units

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple sells 6 million iPhone X units this Black Friday weekend.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that according to new figures from Rosenblatt’s analysts, Apple had a spectacular Black Friday weekend, selling approximately 6 million iPhone X units, and 15 million iPhones overall.

And it turns out that the 256 GB iPhone X model actually sold twice as many units as the 64 GB model, which considering it is Apple’s most expensive iPhone ever, is very good news for the company, as the 256GB model has higher revenue and profit margins than the 64GB version.

Current reports have Apple selling around 30 million iPhone X units over the entire holiday quarter, and Apple’s own earnings guidance expects the company to sell over 80 million iPhones overall for the quarter, which would represent a new revenue and unit record.

Rosenblatt adds that iPhone X demand is still strong, and iPhone X production is also now going strong at around 3 million units per week, which could increase to 4 million units in December.

Source: Report: 6 million iPhone X units sold over Black Friday weekend, buyers favor more expensive 256 GB model

Wow.. 256GB is one of the expensive iPhone X Apple ever sold? Wow, those people must be an idiot since they are struggle with money and Apple dont care. Now Apple is now wealthy and rich in the world.

What do we have ? iPhone X and thats it. Sad!

I prefer 64GB because I dont used lots of apps anyway and I prefer to buy it because its cheaper than 256GB. And its wise. Just saying.

Wow.. 256GB is one of the expensive iPhone X Apple ever sold? Wow, those people must be an idiot since they are struggle with money and Apple dont care. Now Apple is now wealthy and rich in the world.

What do we have ? iPhone X and thats it. Sad!

I prefer 64GB because I dont used lots of apps anyway and I prefer to buy it because its cheaper than 256GB. And its wise. Just saying.
Apple prices their products at a level that will maximize their profit. While they'd sell more iPhone X units if they were cheaper, their net profit could well be lower.

Apple prices their products at a level that will maximize their profit. While they'd sell more iPhone X units if they were cheaper, their net profit could well be lower.

They know what they are doing alright...

They have $268 BN cash on hand and their stock is worth $900 BN

Shareholders have been well rewarded..

Well maybe a good way to keep company's profit, but may not be good in long term considering people may turn to Android...

Well maybe a good way to keep company's profit, but may not be good in long term considering people may turn to Android...

A lot of people thought that way. But people keep buying their products. I can't find the reference now, but more people using Android plan to switch to iPhones than those moving from Apple to Android.

Less than 10% of iPhone users considered changing but 30 percent of Android wanted to move to Apple.

And it's not just Apple vs Android.......People can still use Android but go from Samsung to LG etc....

Loyalty among among Apple users is quite high, superior product, good customer service, cutting edge technology.

$999 is a lot to pay for a phone, but the iPhone7 is far superior to the Nexus 5 I replaced it with.

Smartphones are slowly replacing laptop computers.

I cringed when I saw the price for a new X as well, but a lot of people must like it because it's the best selling phone in Apple's history.

I have had my 7 for a year now, and I'll keep it for another 1.5 - 2 years. As long as I don't drop it.....:)

Maybe I"ll replace it with the 11 or 12. Who knows what they will be capable of doing then.

I saw this tonight..........

According to 9to5Mac, the report surveyed around 1,000 consumers from four countries, including the US. Of those surveyed who were planning on upgrading their phone within the next year, 54% were thinking of an iPhone, with 35% saying they’d choose an iPhone X.

The raw numbers aren’t the important thing here; it’s the trend we really want to look at. A similar Barclays survey back in August predicted that only 18% of buyers would choose an iPhone X. Although the methodology, samples, and questions have all changed a little since then, the data suggests that the iPhone X has managed to exceed its pre-launch expectations.

The iPhone X frenzy has only gotten worse since launch