What's new

Biometric Security

iTazm0n

Reaction score
Now that we have the front facing cam I'm hoping apps like this (itunes link) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eye-locker/id3 will be actual apps and not toys. They would have to be fast in recognizing the owner. Anything longer than 10 seconds (I'm guessing) might be too long to use everytime you want to use your phone.

What i would like to see is fingerprint unlock..... I know this isnt possible at the moment but i really hate the 4 digit code "security" option. Just looking for something faster/easyer....pretty please Apple :)

Like you, I was also hoping that this biometric security application should be use better because this is not a toy. It is an Eye Locker that is a cool new app that lets you show your friends what your device can magically do. People should be professional in using it!

it would be kind of cool to have a security feature like that. i guess we can only hope Apple does the rest lol

Maybe by the year 2020. The technology isn't anywhere near ready for phones yet, but I'm sure we'll get there.

how about voice recognition, push home button and speak comand, no need to swipe or shake to turn phone on. Phone can be trained to recognize only your voice and perform multiple tasks from lockscreen. Sounds doable, lol.....
T.

What i would like to see is fingerprint unlock..... I know this isnt possible at the moment but i really hate the 4 digit code "security" option. Just looking for something faster/easyer....pretty please Apple :)

Amen. I hate it too.

hey, you can do a passphrase,...more secure than a 4 digit code. and the voice thing could suck 'cause what happens if you get a cold,....or sore throat,....??