What's new

Reviewing iCam by skjm

TheBigGiantHead

Reaction score
icam_icon.png
iCam - Webcam Video Streaming for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

My review: 3 out of 5

Well first off let me say that i've toying with purchasing this app for months but the 4.99 price tag (i know 4.99 isnt a lot of money but its a lot of money for an app) has kept me away from it. Like a lot of parents, being able to use my phone as a baby monitor is extremely appealing and the convenience factor of doing this is a huge plus.

I haven't extensively used iCam just yet but initial impressions of it have left me a little disappointed. iCam is true to their word when they say that it automatically configures to your network and "it just works". iCam is able to be done either over WiFi or 3G as well as being able to login via your PC (Streams best over PC). iCam streams audio and video as well as having a multi-cam setup option available and push notifications for motion detection.

The disappointment mainly has to do with the video feed to my phone. Not only is it delayed by up to 3 seconds (i did expect some delay) but the quality is grainy and the frame rate is poor. Any objects that are moving with any haste show up as a blur if they're not in eye shot of the web cam for more than a couple seconds.

Like i said i havent extensively tested it and i'll be sure to update this post when as i become more familiar with the app.