What's new

I need a comparable app to Zumocast!

gec5741

Reaction score
I have had zumocast on my ipone since before they dropped the app from the istore. But just recently I had issues with my phone and now have lost the app! I need something comparable. I'd like to be able to do both video and music like I did with zumocast. But what's most important I guess is being able to also download content to the phone so I don't have to only stream. Does anyone know of anything. I could get air video for my video I guess but I need somethign that will do my music and allow me to download to the phone.

Thanks in advance!

Was looking for the same thing the other day and found an app called Polkast. No streaming yet but more than adequate for me need. I hope this helps :)

I have had zumocast on my ipone since before they dropped the app from the istore. But just recently I had issues with my phone and now have lost the app! I need something comparable. I'd like to be able to do both video and music like I did with zumocast. But what's most important I guess is being able to also download content to the phone so I don't have to only stream. Does anyone know of anything. I could get air video for my video I guess but I need somethign that will do my music and allow me to download to the phone.

Thanks in advance!

Gahh this is frustrating. I've looked into many other options for a replacement to zumo cast and I cannot find anything that really works for what I want. I want to basically be able to connect to my home computer and stream OR DOWNLOAD the music or video file to my phone! I have a data limit so streaming over 3g is not an option for me wich makes me completely mental! I do not want to have to convert my .avi or other formatted movies just to get them on my phone through itunes or icloud!

I guess I may have t look into switching to an android phone because they have zumo cast and also Motocast wich both do exactly what I want them to do. With them you can connect to your media library and either stream or download to your phone with little effort. I can't belive that there is so little out there as far as options that are any good for iphone! I found one app called Aceplayer that I thought would do what I wanted it to do. It does allow me to download both music and video to my iphone but for what ever reason play back on the videos doesn't seem to want to work. It plays back but lags out and just chopps up the movie and it's unwatchable. :(