What's new

Looking for TV-OUT app to let me view iPhone on CAR TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepindebtjd

Reaction score
SOLVED MY PROBLEM. WORKAROUND POSTED IN THE THREAD DISCUSSION!

Hello guys,

I currently have a jailbroke iphone 4 running the original firmware. I am wanting to find an app that allows me to send video of everything on screen on my iphone out to my Kenwood in-dash tv/dvd player in my vehicle. I have seen TV-Out2 Mirror but do not know whether this is what I need.

I am wanting to be able to view Youtube videos while streaming on the screen and would like to view safari on-screen, and Unlimvideos streaming movies and eventually slingbox media player.

Can you guys please help me with all the steps needed to do this?

Thanks

Last edited:
DisplayOut from Cydia will display everything on your TV screen from the iPod, iPhone, iPad (forth generation only), using Apple supported cables only. See DisplayOut page in Cydia for other cable support. Works on my Sony 60" TV with the VGA adaptor. Looks surprisingly good for a 60" display.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna give it a shot but am afraid this app will not work. The cable in my vehicle is a special Kenwood cable that allows for on-screen control over the iPod/iPhone. Whereas the factory Apple composite cables would not allow for on-screen control. If I cannot find an app to meet my needs within the next few weeks I might just have to purchase the factory spec cables and use a second video source in my truck.

It's surprising that the video quality is good after blowing it up on your 60" TV. That's exciting. I'm gonna have to swoop up a setup for my home now.

Alright, just looked into the app that you were discussing and saw that in the description they mention "Resupported4" for more cables to work. I skip on DL the program you suggested, as I don't yet want to pay for an app, and try resupported with TV-Out2-Mirror and powered up the car tv and it was working for a split second until it automatically launched the ipod then "no ipod video source" came up on the screen. ahhhhh!!! Ish is frustrating. Any suggestions people?

If anyone is trying to get video to their Kenwood DNX headunit then I just made one little breakthrough. I downloaded "Resupported4" and open up the ipod feature on the head unit. I begin to play an ipod video then while that video is playing I goto youtube and it freezes the youtube video and begins the youtube video on the fly. Still looking for a mirror but this was one major thing that I wanted. Just passin' it on.

Alright guys, I have completely figured out the work-around solution to my problem after several hours of reading.

In order for your iPhone 4 to play NON-ipod videos and have the entire iOS device mirrored onto a Kenwood DVD/TV/CD/NAV headunit you need the following:

Apps and hardware:
-jailbroken iPhone4
-"TVOut2 Mirror" app and "Resupported4" app
-Kenwood headunit w/ proper iPod/iPhone cable

Here is the trick:
-plug in your iphone 4 and thru the controls on your Kenwood tv start a music video/clip thru the iPod application.
-Pause the video thru your Kenwood controls
-Exit to homescreen on your iPhone and go to the TVOut icon. Click TV "off" then Click TV "on".
-After this step your iPhone will be completely mirrored and everything on your iPhone screen will now be on your in-dash monitor. Including but not limited to youtube clips, hgtv videos, unlimvideos, and any and all photos and videos you have done yourself.

Last edited:
I have a Pioneer Avic head unit in my car. I have been looking into playing various other non ipod media for awhile. I.E. Netflix, slingbox, and now uwatch movies . I have two video inputs in my unit. The first one that seems to be exclusively for ipod only and then the video 2 which is for other media. I have been considering buying the apple vga cables and trying to run them through that input. I guess I will try these apps and that route now to see what happens. Thanks for the tips . = )

^^Glad to pass on the little info I came across. Def. know that what you're trying is possible. I have seen several YouTube videos of individuals that are playing non-ipod video on their Pioneer headunit. I do not know how to embed youtube videos on this board but here is a link of someone using Slingplayer on an Avic unit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ludFxHz4bME]YouTube - slingplayer mobile while in traffic (2nd try)[/ame]

Thanks for the Youtube link Deep . I spent a half hour watching those . Lol ! I am going to try a couple things . I will report Back . =)

No problem, my friend. Let me know when you get it figured out. The videos are addicting once you've hit on something you're trying to do. I need to put up a video of the work around but have been extremely busy at work lately and just haven't taken the time.

I have a Pioneer Avic head unit in my car. I have been looking into playing various other non ipod media for awhile. I.E. Netflix, slingbox, and now uwatch movies . I have two video inputs in my unit. The first one that seems to be exclusively for ipod only and then the video 2 which is for other media. I have been considering buying the apple vga cables and trying to run them through that input. I guess I will try these apps and that route now to see what happens. Thanks for the tips . = )

all the time and works great.

Moderation Notice:​ This thread has been closed by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPhoneForums.net neither condone nor support it in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.