What's new

best way?

smittyzz

Reaction score
would it be better to order an iphone from apple.com or my local atnt store? i have been reading if you go thru apple it comes sim free and unlocked.. i think.. does it come unlocked? and can i oder one thru apple without an atnt account?
which way would be best to order the iphone 4?

Id go through apple no matter what. Att messes up your orders. As far as being unlocked, apple only sells it unlocke through certain countries like canada and the uk for example.

ohhh ok, well i dont currently have a contract with ATT so will apple require it? and the only reason i might go thru my att store in bc its in town and i will be opening a new contract

ohhh ok, well i dont currently have a contract with ATT so will apple require it? and the only reason i might go thru my att store in bc its in town and i will be opening a new contract

Well if youre starting a new contract, the apple web site goes through all the same steps that att does to get your new phone plan set up just the way you want it. You can go to att's website or their store if you want, im not trying sway you. Its just i like so many others have had problems when it comes to ordering/receiving phones through att. Also apple has the option to send it straight to your house if you want.

yes i see and understand, but the store in town has like 11 16gb models and 3 32gb mmodels so thats why, i hate waiting and i would have the phone instantly

Id go through apple no matter what. Att messes up your orders. As far as being unlocked, apple only sells it unlocke through certain countries like canada and the uk for example.

I went thru ATT with no problems. I called both ATT and Apple because I wanted to see which would come sooner. I didn't want to wait. ATT gave me less of a waiting time so I went with them. No issues. But it could be that I got lucky as well ;)

I ordered a refurbished 32GB from AT&T last night and today I got the fedex shipping notification that it's scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday.

holy crap,maybe i will order a refurb onethen lol

would it be better to order an iphone from apple.com or my local atnt store? i have been reading if you go thru apple it comes sim free and unlocked.. i think.. does it come unlocked? and can i oder one thru apple without an atnt account?

I got mine from honestonlinemoney2010 dot com for 460$ factory unloked (black)...Its from custom confiscated goods....new, i received it in original box.
I will never get the locked version...too much money and sucks!

I got mine from honestonlinemoney2010 dot com for 460$ factory unloked (black)...Its from custom confiscated goods....new, i received it in original box.
I will never get the locked version...too much money and sucks!

so you think i should go to that site and get it? i want an unlocked one for the hell of it but atnt reduced my deposit from 500 to 150, thats only4
50 total forthe phone and deposit that better then 850. and ether way i go i have to do a deposit for an atnt contract

here's the thing

I bought my iPhone from Apple
bought it August 14th, got it September 2nd

Friend bought it from ATT.com
bought it August 25th, got it August 29th

here's the thing

I bought my iPhone from Apple
bought it August 14th, got it September 2nd

Friend bought it from ATT.com
bought it August 25th, got it August 29th

I guess its a hit and miss then. Sounds like you had a good experience while ive heard really bad ones as well as had bad customer service experience myself. But yeah, if att actually has one physically in their store then thats the obvious solution.

yea, im hoping they still will in a month or 2. as im paying for a jeep wrangler right now so everything else is on hold..

I just buy an iphone4 at TOPONS. The quality and price is good.
you can have a look.Maybe you will it.

Why would you buy an iPhone 4 from another source other than Apple or your cellular carrier?