What's new

Best way to finance iPhone 7 without a carrier

car121

Reaction score
Anyone done research on the best way to finance an Iphone 7, without committing to a carrier and with 0% APR. Apple is offering a finance program, but you have to comit to a major carrier. Curious if any other offers out there.

I bought mine outright but a friend bought hers with a 0% credit card, As long as it's paid off in the time stated there's no interest to pay.

I'm in the UK though and we can buy iPhone unlocked.

Oh I see, yea finding a credit card with 0% APR would be a way, but I'm in US and still waiting on sim free.

I pay an extra $100 tax on every pay check so that when things like this come up I have the funds available. Unfortunately it means waiting until end of tax year.

03hdfatboy were able to buy it here in the US? And which Apple Store ?

I tried the Apple online store, still need to pick a carrier, can't proceed unless you pick one. How you get around that.

I tried the Apple online store, still need to pick a carrier, can't proceed unless you pick one. How you get around that.
I had to pick one also but it's still unlocked. Who do you use now?

I have straight talk they work on the same towers as AT&T. So I guess here in the US you still need an account with one major carrier to finance it.

Personally, if I can't afford something outright, I try to buy one that I can afford.

Credit is for suckers.

But then again, I might just be making too much sense. Dunno.

Personally, if I can't afford something outright, I try to buy one that I can afford.

Credit is for suckers.

There's nothing wrong with credit if it is handled sensibly, It can be very useful.

Credit is for suckers.

I used to do that also. Keep it a year sell it and help pay for another But with the 12 mo trade up program through apple it works out to be about what I'd get for my old one if I were to sell it. Kinda balances out.

If you are upgrading then you have to choose a Carrier. However if you finance the phone through the Iphone Upgrade Program, the phone will be unlocked and you can got to any carrier you want. However if you buy an AT&T phone through Apple it won't work with Verizon or Sprint. If you buy a iPhone from Apple it is best to get it through Verizon or Sprint. That way you can go to any carrier. Your phone will be unlocked with no contract, so if you pick a carrier and don't like it you could move to another one. There is no contract. The only thing the carrier owns is the service, not the phone itself.